Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Something... weird.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Has anyone else figured out how to replicate any of the strange phrases?

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

One of the (many) reasons that I could NEVER use a US board for anything in BOP III...

~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

It wont be designed to be activated by cold temperatures. Alot of micro's can suffer from 'brown out'. Its where power drops enough to stop normal function but not enough to completely power off the chip.

When this occurs the memory registers can get unusual contents written to them and the program counter can jump to some places it wouldnt normally get to in normal operation, like for example programmer only modes that would normally be accessed by plugging in whatever hardware programmer the US normally uses on the manufacturing side.

When batteries are exposed to cold temperatures their output characteristics are reduced which can cause this loss of power that leads to brown out. When the batteries warm up they go back to normal so the circuit connected to them also goes back to normal operation.
    Phil Higgins

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

that jives... when my 2.0 said "jello", I was messing with the power...

Default It's always time for...

Did it say it in a Bill Cosby voice?

"With the Jimmin' and the Jammin'..."

I got one for ya all... So i installed a US 2.5 into a new saber the other day and when i pulled the kill switch instead of the usual sound followed by U.S. 2.5 it said in a dark deep voice "Destruction". Freaked me out. So I put the kill switch in again and then pulled it again and it made the boot sound and was followed by a girls voice saying " WWW dot" Then died out. Ok I was really wierded out now. SO i took everything apart and tryed booting it by just adding power. Same thing. WWW dot. I was using two 3.7 li-ion trustfires so i tried booting it with each battery individually and it worked perfect on the first and nothing on the second.....summary one of the batteries was junk. Re wired everything and used new batteries and all was right in the galaxy.... SO wierd batteries make it say wierd things

glad to see another Ontarian here, especially one so close to me, im about an hour from ottawa dude.

p.s. sorry for the thread jack
    pm me if you want to add me to msn or something

edit. ive also had odd things happen with ultra soudns. i had a us2.0 and when i used 2aaa ultrafires sometimes it would do strange things like say "hello"
    and some strange things that i dont remember what they were, but they were definitly not the normal sounds and speach.
    Last edited by pipster79; 02-23-2010 at 10:43 AM.
    a wise man once said "dont try to be a great man....just be a man"

Hmm... an uprising of US boards protesting faulty battery packs... that would make a good novel.

My US 2.5 will be arriving soon, and I will be watching it closely for any strange words.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Might be better if you listen closely.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Might be better if you listen closely.
    Ahahahaha!
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...