Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 18650 Drain Rates

The only time I ever hear of batterys popping is if you wireing is wrong, like grounding out, excess heat.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Phoenix, as far as I know, the PCB will help prevent (or totally prevent) over-drain... meaning it would be pretty difficult for you to draw more than you are "supposed to" from them.

For example, if the limit is ~4A... and you attempt to draw 5A... you simply would not get it.

I'm sorry that I can't help in what the Li-Ion drain rates are here at TCSS. It's true though that most sites that carry Li-Ions will show the detailed information with the cells--I'm sure in due time, Tim will be able to provide that.

Otherwise... you'd have to consider getting the cells from a place where the spec sheet tells you specifically what the drain rate is.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixReborn View Post
    The Ledengine RGBA. They can pull up to 3A of power if ya run them a certain way.
    Then don't wire them in that way.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Eco View Post

That kills the possibility of color mixing with potentiometers then.

No it doesent cause when color mixing you are not running all dies at full power.

Quote Originally Posted by Eco View Post
    Who is "they", please? If you mean LEDEngin... well... you can wire them any way you like--in series... in parallel... or a combination of the two. And obviously, you can use 2 of the LEDs to be for a "main blade" and the other two for a "flash on clash"... or really, you can do whatever you like.

In general, these LEDs are used for many purposes, so there would be no point in the company wiring them specific ways--which could be counter to their customers' needs.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    Who is "they", please? If you mean LEDEngin... well... you can wire them any way you like--in series... in parallel... or a combination of the two. And obviously, you can use 2 of the LEDs to be for a "main blade" and the other two for a "flash on clash"... or really, you can do whatever you like.

In general, these LEDs are used for many purposes, so there would be no point in the company wiring them specific ways--which could be counter to their customers' needs.

I assume you quoted the wrong person.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    No it doesent cause when color mixing you are not running all dies at full power.
    I would rather have the option to run all the dies at any level of power I choose. Not being limited by my battery/power devices. If i wanted to open them all the way up, that would be my choice.

I give up.