Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 18650 Drain Rates

Default 18650 Drain Rates

What is the drain rate of the 18650?

The 18650s come in many mah ratings from 1300 mah to 2600 mah, as for drain rate, it depends on which LED, soundboard you are using.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Ah, but some 18650s have maximum drain rates, for example, theres one made by LG that has a 5.2A max drain rate, and theres a generic one that has like a 1.5A max drain rate... If we were to run an Ledengine off of one of these, it could explode.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It all depends on what your LED and sound card/driver require. Most rechargeable batteries are rated with a mAh rating. That rating will tell you how long to expect what ever is hooked up to them to last.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Yes they can have a higher drain rate as like you stated , but you have to take in consideration that the run-time and ma over-discharge will shorten the run time considerately.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Li ions use controller pcbs to increase longevity & minimize dangerous charge/discharge rates. Safe discharge rate for 1 18650 is about 2 or 3A depending on cell.

Thats why i wanna know what the discharge rates on this model are. If they're not 3A+ they wont be able to handle the ledengine leds.

They will just not all of them, and it dosent matter cause if you wire them correctly then you can run a 10-15w.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

What model? What Ledengin?

The Ledengine RGBA. They can pull up to 3A of power if ya run them a certain way. If the batteries dont have the right maximum drain rate, they can explode.