Thread: And so the obsession begins

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default And so the obsession begins

So after several days of intense reading and research (one of the few advantages of being unemployed atm) I think I've got just about everything figured out. For my first build I'm just going to go with a lighted display piece. I'm not too concerned about sound with this one. Well that's not totally true... I was going to tear apart an old '95 Vader saber I had lying around, but after I found the diagram for it here, with it's wonky, clash sensor, I decided to not use it. So here we go, just wanted to run this by the pro's real quick.

The main body:
    7" Fluted with switch hole
    MHS choke style 1 short
    Screw on LED blade holder style 13
    MPS Pommel style 4

The guts:
    Luxeon Collimator Lens 10 deg viewing angle
    Luxeon III/V Lens Holder
    BuckPuck 1000mA 6-wire
    4AAA battery holder
    DPDT Latching green illuminated switch
    150ohm 1/4w resistor
    Seoul P4 (Green)

So that's essentially what I'm gonna make it out of, and yes I have also selected a clip and pommel insert. I have also added covertec button, blade retention screw, and a few accent LED's. I know there's no blade, but as I mentioned before, it's mostly going to be a display piece. I may purchase a blade at a later time.

I've also noticed that the AV bezel's are currently out of stock, hopefully there will be more when I finally get around to placing my order in the next few days. *fingers crossed*

I'm also planning on ordering something to make a shroud out of as well.

Oh yeah... I also know that the switch hole needs to be made bigger for the AV, but I have a drill press so I can take care of that myself, as well as any other holes that need to be made.

I really only have a couple of questions, which are pretty simple. First, can the sink tubes be powder coated? And second, this one is more for my next saber, I know I need a latching switch for the buckpuck, but when I do make a saber with a sound board, do the momentary AV switches stay lit while the saber is on, or does it just light up when I press the button down?

Well that's about it for now, and I look forward to a long and loving relationship with all of my fellow saber enthusiasts.
    Last edited by Azryel; 01-28-2010 at 02:50 AM.