Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Robes or Armor?

Default Robes or Armor?

I can't decide whether I should buy/make a suit of Mandalorian Armor, or make/buy custom Jedu robes. SOMEBODY HELP ME DECIDE!!!!!!!!

that depends. the Mando armor is more expensive and timeconsuming....
    guess its up to how much you're willing to put into it.

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

I vote Mandalorian, but that's cause we're cooler than jetii...
    Also, judging your reaction of
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordRevan View Post
    Holy crap thats awesome! Where can I get it?!
    which you posted on my costume thread, I think you already know you wish to become a Mandalorian

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I vote to do both Jedi and Mando. That is what I am doing.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Sintra armor can be had for cheap and will take up a goo bulk of the costume.

flight suit somewhat cheap, depending on where you look, what kinda deals you find.
    Vest might be a bit tricky but if you got a sewing machine should be easy.

Belts and ammo pouches depends on where you look, what kinda deals you find.

Good boots or shoes, you can reuse some old that you would have lying around, just armor them up with some sintra.

Bucket, now this is where it gets a bit tricky, You can make one yourself or you can shell out the cash for a bucket from a maker. I would suggest printing out the WOF templates and try your hand at making one.

All in all How does one look at cost, if you sew your own Jedi costume it will be cheaper but if you go out and buy a already completed Jedi costume it will cost you about 500$ for a really good one.
    EBay costumes are kinda hit and miss as far as quality but speedy stitches is a great place.

Honestly to me it comes down to what do you want to make first? armor is a tough costume to start with but then so is learning to sew.

The hardest part about mando or any armor costumes is the soft parts of the kit.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I got my armor for around $45 and my flightsuit for $25. The helmet I did some trading for, but you can get one for around $150. I am using some old work boots so they will look weathered. The Jedi Costume I have around $300 invested in it.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

I've seen several Mercs use the Rubies Jango 2 Piece (about $40) and with a little bit of work on the seam where the 2 pieces join, it looks really good.
    So there is a cheaper helmet option as well.

Remember you cant use the boba 1 piece helmet.

http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/ind...age;p=5#modern

I really need to get around to finishing the body work on my longshot, Maybe find a cheap eletronic blaster to add some sound to it till I can get a BC.
    Last edited by Hasid Lafre; 01-24-2010 at 12:03 PM.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I was thinkin maybe a clone wars obi-wan look... you know, mando armor nderneath with robes kind of on top

I love the look of battle Jedi.
    If you're not totally set on Mando, and just want armor, I'm personally a huge fan of the styles of Jedi armor featured in KOTOR 2.