Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ARKM blade plugs (REVIEW)

Default ARKM blade plugs (REVIEW)

(NOTICE THE IMAGES SEEN HERE ARE OF PROTOTYPE PIECES. FUTURE MODELS WILL HAVE NO MARKINGS OR ETCHINGS ON THE SURFACE.)

My blade plugs arrived in a nice padded envelope two days after I placed my order (There's definitely something to be said for speedy shipping.) When I opened the envelope I found two bladeplugs just as I had ordered, both had a PVC cap electrical taped over the Head portion to protect against dings or crush accidents.

When I took off the caps I was immediately impressed by the quality of the parts themselves. Each was approximately 2 inches long and consisted of a piece of 1" polycarbonate, a white machined disk (that acts as a diffuser), an electric razor head, and a machined ring that sits around the head to make it 1"od.

Excited, I grabbed my converted ESB Vader and decided to try them on for size. Immediately I noticed a couple things: I was going to have to do some sanding for the plugs to smoothly fit into my blade holder, And they were definitely too long to fit into my blade holder. Now I should note that I purchased my conversion from The Custom Saber Shop so I'm sure it has different tolerances than the ones that ARKM makes.

With very minor hand sanding with 180 grit sandpaper the plugs slid smoothly into and out of my emitter. Now on to length... I stated that the plug was too long but I think this approach is best because its better to have too much than not enough. I trimmed off about a half an inch with standard pipe cutters because I wanted to be able to have mine sit inset a bit.

once I had all my modifications complete I dropped the plug into my saber and fired it up. The pics that ARKM presented originally as well as the ones I am presenting are deceiving because the light appears to be really bright and "blow out" the details of the razor head. There is a very even solid color to the plug and it lights up beautifully when on.

The following Photos show the separate heads and their respective looks. I originally preferred the Norelco with one ring to the Remington with two but after having time to see and play with both I have changed my mind and really have to say I like the Remington more.

May the force be with you!
    Last edited by Mobius; 01-22-2010 at 01:23 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I LOL'ed. Before I read it I realized it was a razor head.

Behold the power of SCHICK!
    RED LEADER Standing by!

the first plug looks great in that vader 2 thumbs up

i never really liked to shave well i have had a bard sence i was 14 so ya ... the mach 3 was/is my fave razor though

ARKM did a good job with the plugs me thinks my v2 could use one

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Very Cool!
    The closeups have a very Carbonite Freezer feel to them.

~S~

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Those look awesome. I really like how they look with the red LED.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

I'll post pics of my plug too when it comes in. So far we've seen blue and red. I'll be posting Bin 1 Cyan images. ARKM, looks like you're a hit

What can I say, people love me... when I give them shiny new toys to play with that is.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Banned Sith Lord

*gives arkm big hug*

Nice, very nice outcome indeed.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

I Want Some