Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: MHS Claw update?

Engage lathe, prep mill, ready scrollsaw....

Something something something dark side,
    something something something complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Xanthus View Post
    Engage lathe, prep mill, ready scrollsaw....
    Yeah... assuming no one has any ideas... this is what I figured.

Darn it...

thanks everyone.

-Blair

Darth Reklar

I might have no idea what I'm talking about here, but...

If you're willing to go about making your own spikes, you may want to start with activation boxes. They're already contoured to fit a hilt, you'd just need to figure out where to drill for your mounting screws. An added benefit is that they'll match your hilt.
    Last edited by Darth Reklar; 03-09-2010 at 01:34 AM.

Hmm... interesting idea with the activation boxes. I've never built a daber before and am entirely new to this site and it's concepts, but from reading what all i have this seems to me like maybe the most possible if not cost efficient way to make the claws. My goal is to come close to this. My own graphics rendering =)
    http://spex70.deviantart.com/art/Key...abers-95210852

The kobold drings have the same curved surface that could be used as a fork mount.

I've made forks myself with just some scrap aluminum strips. Depending on the design they may not require a curved surface on them to mount them. The ones I made were just wide enough to drill though and the screw heads were the same width as the aluminum stock.

Darth Reklar

The more I think about it, the more I think that maybe the best option for claws may be more of a custom order thing... Have claw blanks that could be modified (for a small charge) and put grooves into some of the larger diameter blade holders (also custom, also for a small charge) that the claws could sit in. Then you'd just need screw holes drilled and tapped (which Tim does for a small charge). You might even be able to use one or more of these screw holes for holding the blades in place.

One of the big advantages of this idea is that I could get a style 18 blade holder with three wicked looking claws coming off of it.
    Last edited by Darth Reklar; 03-25-2010 at 07:30 PM.