Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can't remember/find if this has been posted? 40W RGB LED's

I can't help but chuckle at all this. Those LedEngin's I found three years ago have really taken off more than I expected them to. Back then, 10W was a helluva lot to consider, and now we're here contemplating a 40W LED.

hehehe, Zero... that was about 2 years ago actually!

But you're right... at the time, it was a lot... mainly because there wasn't a good way to "make use of all the dies". With the flash on clash concept (put into actuality with Crystal Focus)... the possibilities to now use the LED in a PRACTICAL manner... are there!

As it is though... I wouldn't imagine anyone lighting all three or all four of the dies all at once in a "permanent" way (as in for a white blade, all LEDs on all the time)... simply because of the current requirements.

But yeah! I could see someone making a direct drive "40w"... it'd be interesting for sure.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Hehe.. yeah, I see the same pattern coming up as when the 10W ones were brought up... a few folks will do the math and announce it as plausible, a few folks will naysay and claim it can't be done. (Too hot, too much power, why bother, etc.)

Then some upstart sucker with no common sense will actually do it. It will then be seen as a real option and happen more and more often. I bet the same cycle happened when the Lux III came out, then the Lux V... etc and so on.

Just imagine it in about 10 years when we are using "Plasma ignitors with magnetic focusing arrays" or whetever the heck the cool stuff is by then, LOL.

For me... I like the technology as much as actually making lightsabers. The stuff I've learned (and have yet to learn) is the key to me... every time I dive in to a new saber (Usually a couple years between projects.) to me it's all about hitting the next level and pushing the limits on my abilities and on whatever the current state of the art is,

Mostly, my "sabers" pretty much suck, LOL... the tech is the thing! ;-P I am thinking my next one I may actually break out some genuine effort on the construction part.

It will be done, it will be cool..... it will be put on a shelf and hardly touched until the next idea pops up and I strip it for parts for the next one... LOL.