Thread: hot batteries when recharged and sound issues

Default hot batteries when recharged and sound issues

Bugs...I hate'm

So I finally got my first sled running and installed and all was fine...

Notice I said was...argh!

So first of all I noticed my speaker had some noise like something blocking the speaker so I adjusted it and that was fine. Sometime later my saber lost sound but light stayed then shut off , and made a really strange noise like boot sound and clash. When I turned it back on the same or similar thing. I put in the kill key and started it again and that was fine. Another strange one was while testing the clash sensor it went quiet and said``settings recorded successfully`` and went back to humming like normal.

I put it on the smart charger at .9A as I was unsure of the setting for 4AAA and opted to be safe and all appeared fine. I got home and saw my charger on 1.8A which worked fine before and should be the correct setting and went to charge again but this time a sizzling got my attention so I unplugged it quickly and removed the hot batteries. They had melted the hot glue outside the pack but otherwise appear fine. Everything still works but I don't know what happened and don't want to set it on fire.

Edit....I`ve just been informed via shoutbox that I should have the charger set to 0.9A.

Oh yeah...don`t buy the battery holders at The Source Radio shack. They don`t hold the batteries in tight enough to get a solid connection. I ended up putting folded pieces of aluminum foil in to get a more solid connection which probably wasn`t a great idea but I had everything wired when I noticed it and didn`t wanna wait to find or order another holder. May have to now...
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 01-18-2010 at 09:34 AM.

dang I know how you feel... alot of time and effort goes into my sabers too and to have them error, its not a fun time! haha ripping the guts out, and having to redo it all over again was my situation.... now everything is perfict... I hope your saber works out better here soon!