Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Consilium Laurus - my 1st build!

Youngling

Default Consilium Laurus - my 1st build!

And its done. My first build.

Consilium Laurus roughly translates into "Wise Victory" in Latin. This is a Jedi saber, I just like the sith board. Next build in a month or two will be a jedi board.

MHS body, custom brushed brass/chrome overlays
    Lux III Orange-Red
    MFx Vader board
    AV Illuminated Switch - Orange
    x4 AAA battery pack

And the photos:

Good job.

I like your use of MHS and overlays. Very unique. I do wonder how you'd grip it and how comfortable it would be but does look cool. The placement of the gear looks great and I'm used to seeing it near the pommel which is a nice change. I'm also curious if you're keeping the sith colour LED. It does look more jedi to my eye, and personally I think green, blue, or cyan would look great on this saber.

Very nice for your first build, heck thats nice for a tenth build.

Have you thought of giving the whole hilt a high polish and blacking out all the recesses? I have noticed that the shiny vs black contrast makes a good hilt look awesome
    -Sidd-

The easiest way i can think og to durably black the lines is the old rattle can
    -Sidd-

Youngling

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Good job.

I like your use of MHS and overlays. Very unique. I do wonder how you'd grip it and how comfortable it would be but does look cool. The placement of the gear looks great and I'm used to seeing it near the pommel which is a nice change. I'm also curious if you're keeping the sith colour LED. It does look more jedi to my eye, and personally I think green, blue, or cyan would look great on this saber.
    Its actually orange, which isn't a Sith color (technically). I do have dark blue and green Crees but I'm waiting to make another Manly-sized order from Tim so I can get the heat sinks for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
    Very nice for your first build, heck thats nice for a tenth build.

Have you thought of giving the whole hilt a high polish and blacking out all the recesses? I have noticed that the shiny vs black contrast makes a good hilt look awesome
    Thanks!

I want to polish it but I need to figure out what would be the best method without a polishing wheel. I've heard 0000 steel wheel with polish, like brass-o, works well but I didn't want to use it for fear of scratching things up.

Same with the black accents - I tried o-rings, but they were too bulky, rounded and shiny. I'd love to find flat black washers in the right size to use but no luck so far. So looking for options there too.

You could always use Mother's PowerMetal Aluminum polish . Just dab some on a microfiber cloth and twish the cloth around the circumference of the saber. It will shine it up in no time.

Nice overlays BTW.
    Last edited by ARKM; 01-18-2010 at 11:09 PM.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Banned Sith Lord

or use my favorite magic polish- the awesome might of SEMICHROME!!!! works absolute wonders!

anyway on to your build i think you did a FANTASTIC job. you did alot of work especially with your AV switch and shroud overlay. those arent easy. so once again great job.

One heck of a job Mister! I really like the overlay, but the whole thing really comes together well. If that's your 1st, then i bet your 10th will be exquisite!

Nice. I'm digging the shape of your lower grip shroud.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

That is a very nice looking saber you made there, I like it very much.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)