Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First saber....

The knurled ring in the lower third is no longer purely aesthetic. After a real PITA notching out 1/8" solid steel, using only a 1/16 drill bit, and some jewelers files, I have a method of mounting a bipolar slide momentary underneath the ring. Simply twist to activate. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Looks great. I have a question. Could you possibly show how you wired your soundboard? I have a 2002 Luke ROTJ board, and I'm pretty sure they're the same thing. I think I've got it figured out how to wire it to the batteries but not to the LED. Could you please show a diagram or something?

I don't actually have the board wired anymore, as it has since been replaced by a 2010 obi-wan, but if/when I get a chance I'll make a diag. for you.
    If you follow the original wiring, it should be mostly the same as one of the 2010 diag.s, the only notable differences being that you'll only have one lamp positive, instead of three, and you'll have to solder your switch to the pads underneath the original silicone switch.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place

That would be very helpful. Yeah I noticed that there's only one lamp wire and that the switch is built in. I was originally thinking of using that but now I'm thinkin it might be better to attach a new one. Just not sure how to go about that. Also is setting up a currant to the LED as much as a PITA as it looks...Yeah I feel stupid. If you could post that diagram you would have my many thanks...for what that's worth.

I found the board, so I'll probably post pics/diagram tonight or tomorrow.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place