Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Overlay / shrouds over powdercoat?

Default Canadian Tire sinktube?

I used lots of it but I have no way of measuring it. I'm looking to use the 1.5" sink tube over PCd MHS and could use some measurements if anyone can help. It seems thinner then the nice stuff jay-gon uses.

Also using some MHS sleeve.

My first PC order so I hope I can manage to fit the overlays nicely.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

My Canadian Tire store doesn't carry the right stuff, but we have a Home Depot that does. I just measured a piece, and the ID is 1.460" which slides nicely over the MHS pieces, which are 1.450".

What you want are the 22 gauge sink tubes. The 20 gauge ones are a little smaller, and would require you to machine the MHS pieces.

Thanks

ok...kent has the same as canadian tire

Never went to home depot. They're a US company selling Canadian lumber back cheaper then we can to ourselves so I avoid it. The USA owes on lumber trade and I'm not supporting it so I avoid the whole store. Nothing to do with nationality or whats that word..huh...patriotism, just shady biz.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post

Never went to home depot. They're a US company selling Canadian lumber back cheaper then we can to ourselves so I avoid it. The USA owes on lumber trade and I'm not supporting it so I avoid the whole store. Nothing to do with nationality or whats that word..huh...patriotism, just shady biz.
    Wow, That's pretty slimy! Kinda like the whole prescription drug thing.
    I always thought I felt an Evil Presence whenever I go in there!
    Darth Flatulous

when things seem cheap and convenient they are commonly the opposite in the grand scheme of things.

hmmm... jay-gon posted a link to order them which I will end up doing but I guess I have to compromise for now.
    Wait a minute I've used CT sinktube over MHS and it's fine you do know I'm powdercoating the MHS first right?

oh 22 gauge are slimmer with larger ID then 20...still need to be sure it'll fit over PC and I think that depends on the colour or finish too

Maybe I should have posted this in the powdercoat section...hmm....sorry a bit tired.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...609#post158609

PS....only been to walmart once and they've been here since early 90s. Maybe if everyone yells union in unison they'll all close shop..lol. I could go there and buy a MP3 player cheaper then a pack of cigarettes..lol
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 01-13-2010 at 09:22 AM.

Default Overlay / shrouds over powdercoat?

Although I've read about it before I can't find it by thread title...

I want to use MHS sleeve and brass sinktube over PC MHS. I believe I read that sometimes it should be milled down to make up for the increased OD.
    The brass I've been using is a light weight gauge that fits nice on bare MHS and would rather avoid ordering or traveling far to find another gauge sinktube.

Any advice on the following would be great.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 01-13-2010 at 09:23 AM.

Unfortunately, with my budget and circumstances I HAVE to shop @ Walmart. I know how evil they are and what they've done to Small Town America and it kills me every time I walk in the door.
    Darth Flatulous

At the Home Depots around here they dont even sell the 22 gauge tubing its all 20 gauge

i would check a Lowe's if you have them or smaller local stores.

though honesty Tim has the best prices for the sink tubes I have seen
    -Sidd-

I need brass...no lowes here.

I think Canadian Tire sells 22 gauge to be cheap..lol..I could be wrong I haven't measured it.
    I know who to ask..the local steampunker....