Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: First saber...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Jedi_Niklus

I've been pondering which to go with myself. If LED is easier, is it cheaper as well?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

led is cheaper if you want different color blades. with an el, you have to buy a new blade for each color, but with led, you can either get a white led and disks or buy the quick change kit and different leds. new el color: 50-60 dollars or new led color: about 20 dollars.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

another option to go with on led sabers is if you use tims quick change led kit, you can swap out various different led colors in a matter of a few minutes. so you can , if you wanted, get every led colr and kits for them, and have the full range available of colors.

or another way is go with a white led and use the color disks. many many options and ways to go about it. i havent yet got a mhs myself, but now that there is some more parts comin in im thinkin bout startin one. soon as i save up the cash.

<center></center>

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

lan-ed, did you totally miss the post right above yours?

yep, overlooked that line.

<center></center>

Lan-Ed-Tul

no problem, it is easy to skim over things when there are many new posts [8D]

yep, jumpin in ta help, just breezed over your line. it happens to all of us.

<center></center>

Lan-Ed-Tul

Go with LED, cause for EL you have to solder so much crap in the blade its not worth it, and if the wires disconnect u will b screwed u have to take the blade apart to re-solder them, even if u glue the mono plug, it still might not work. plus LED is so much cheaper, for EL i spent like 60 bucks for 1 blade, for LED i spent only 30 bucks, thats with the LED

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

Countdown you know you have to consider total cost of a saber. In EL the cost is in the blade in LED it is in the hilt by the time your done it all evens out.

And as a side note if ya want to get real picky, the EL is cheaper to do in MHS then LED in MHS complete saber. Granted we are talking just a few bucks but there ya go.

I will agree countdown that for those who DO NOT have strong soldering or electrical skills an EL blade may be a bit intimadating.
    I for one only had one blade that I made that went out after I finished it and that was because I forgot to solder the darn thing. After that I only do blades when the girls are down for their naps so I don't get distracted.[]

<center></center>

Yeah I definitely would go with Led, one of my original El Blades is acting up again this will be the 4th. time I had have to take it apart.

<center>
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before me"

</center>

This is my first lightsaber as well, I made a pommel. Now i just got the emptly hilt. I have ordered parts, but i am not sure how to secure the blade into the top.

This is a picture of the top (the inside of the tube is empty)

IGNORE THE SCRATCHES ON THE TIP, i will have to find a way to fix those...They were part of a dremmel accident...