Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New member looking to troop as Darth Vader

Default New member looking to troop as Darth Vader

I'm in the process of putting together a Vader costume and am happy to have found this web site. I'm currently trying to find a decent used Master Replicas FX Vader saber to accompany my costume. I already looked at the Luxeon III Conversion thread and plan to spend the next few days reading up, to gain the info needed to begin my conversion.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Welcome and good luck on your saber quest.

Just so you know, there's no soliciting on the forums, which means you can't outright ask to buy one from someone. You could let it be known that you are looking for one and if someone has one, they could PM you for your email to talk about it, but you can't send or receive PMs till you have made 10 posts and have been here for 15 days.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Thanks for the welcome...the rules seem simple enough. I'm sure I'll be spending lots of time looking around.

First things first, welcome to the forum. I have no doubt you'll find all the information you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post

but you can't send or receive PMs till you have made 10 posts and have been here for 15 days.
    I did not know this. Is this something that's changed recently... well, within the last year? I could have sworn I use to have some message in the corner that said "No new PM's" or something to that effect. Not that I've ever felt the need to PM anyone before, but with the google map up it's temping. I guess I'll have to come out of lurking for a few posts.

Welcome to TCSS! Let's have some pics of your costume!!! (I'm a huuuuuge Vader fanatic =P)

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yes, Tim implemented the PM restrictions last year.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Good to know. I guess now I can't spam everyone like I wasn't planning on.

Still, it sounds like a good safety measure. Maybe I'll actually introduce myself to everyone.

I just scored a used Darth Vader Master Replicas ESB saber on eb*y. I starting reading here about the upgrade mods and plan this for the future.

So far, I have a Rubies helmet that is undertaking a huge overhaul and a set of primered shoulder armor....lot of work still ahead of me.

Welcome to TCSS! If you're looking to build a Vader, be sure to check out this topic:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...read.php?t=272
    It's been around for a while, but there's a ton of good info in there on Vader.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Great thread..thanks for the link. There is lots of good stuff to be found in that one.