Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LED Drivers etc.

Yes u can install a driver. depending on the type of hasbro u have some have the switch mounted on the board and some have the switch separate. i'm not sure if the switch sends power directly or cycles the power on and off to "fake" the power up with the flashlight bulb. the ones i have done were for my two 5 year old boys so they think its cool as is. i would have to experiment with one.

i agree, it would be easier to use a hasbro like the anakin color change. i have gutted one of those and it has a switch wired to board. easy to jut take wires and hook up to corbins board connection/secondary momentary switch.

instead of a corbins driver theledlight.com sells a driver that does great for up to to 2 3w luxeons and should be able to wired outside of the flash effect. It seemsd like corbins driver would be overkill for this application and the luxdrive is only $20 and the clash sensor will not cause the flash effect but will produce the sound. here is a link to them
    http://www.theledlight.com/luxeonled_drivers.html

but which one? the ones i see there only say they run a 1 watt luxeon. im getting a 3 watt red/orange from tim.

Look at the 700ma power puck

ah, ok, i seen it.

Blog Entries

Hey, I found this for the Luxeon:

"Hyper Circuit" found here
    http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/car...Hobbyist+Parts

Only 3/4 inch dia. Would that be an alternative to the Puck thing? Anyone have any experience with them?

Lightsaber Warning Label: "CAUTION: Do NOT attempt to sharpen blade."

That driver only generates 500ma, that's less than the MR board. Corbin's driver runs 1000ma to a Lux III.

The only thing readily available that can power a Lux III and retain a small form factor is the LuxDrive BuckPuck 700mA DC LED Driver. But at 33 bucks, you may as well get Corbin's driver.

But really, if all you want is the instant-on and off, then just use a resistor.

If you look hard enough the 700mA Luxdrive can be bought for $22 and is small. I have contacted a company to manufacture sound (yes that 's right SOUND) modules that should be affordable. There are alot of things to work out but should be atleast as good as the MR models. hope to have more info soon. Here's a photo of the 700mA luxdrive to give a size reference. but with no sound a ber could be made the length of the blade holder and battery pack. driver will attach to pack or in between. it's dimensions are 3/4" x 1/2".