Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LED Drivers etc.

Default LED Drivers etc.

What are you going to use to power the LED? Will it be Corbins driver or something similar? I know his driver ramps up the LED power slowly so it kinda looks like a grow/retract look.

Thanks

Hitogiri

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

For basic setups I will just use a resistor. I will eventually stock some of corbins drivers though, they make for a nice professional install and add some nice options like the ramp up and the clash.

Tim

Blog Entries

Is there a link for Corbin's driver? Why not use a driver like this - http://www.leddynamics.com/LuxDrive/...-MicroPuck.pdf - instead of a resistor?

well a resistor is under a buck and those are usually around $11 and they wont power a 3w luxeon.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

That link leads to the 1 watt driver the correct part number for the 700mA driver is 02008-S700. It will drive 1-3 3watt Luxeons and 1 5W luxeon. i have one hooked up right now to a 5 watt luxeon. they are a little pricey compared to a resistor at $20.00+ ship but do work better as stated by Strydur

Can you wire up one of Corbin's drivers and the sound board from a Hasbro saber?

Not needed the Hasbro board will power one luxeon 3w and atleast one 10mm led or two 5 mm led. just wire them up w/o resistor and you will have plenty of light. the saber below uses a hasbro board

But doesn't Corbin's have the effect where the blade goes up?

It does. It goes pretty fast though. I will be stocking some of corbins drivers soon.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

So will I be able to wire a Corbin's Driver and a Hasbro sound board together in order to have a lightsaber that has the power up and down blade effects AND the basic sound?