Page 40 of 91 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Electronic Lightsaber w/ DVD Tutorial

A 1000mA Buckpuck would be nice, but they seem to be out of stock, so I'll just stick to the resistor setup. Sanity check attached... is this right, or have I just gotten myself turned about?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ya got it. Now, get that saber finished!
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yep, that looks good now.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Excellent... time to prepare my TCSS order... to the MHS tab!

+++EDIT: The more I read these forums, the more concepts I want to test out with my first lightsaber to see if they might be things that I want to include when I construct a higher quality saber. Here is the question: where would I add an LED/resistor if I wanted to add an accent LED to this setup? I'm talking a simple LED that comes on/off with the main LED. Do I just wire the appropriate LED/resistor combo in parallel with the main LED? Thanks!+++
    Last edited by Outside Enemy; 09-20-2010 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Need mo' schoolin'

Hey y'all, does this (modified) wiring diagram look right for my Seoul P4-3.6 volt li-ion setup?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Assuming you're running just 1 li-ion battery at ~3.6v instead of the double pack in your diagram, it looks about right. I'm not sure if you will still need a resistor on the red wire between the PNP transistor and your LED. The handy-dandy resistor chart states you'd want a 1 ohm, 2 watt resistor.

Out of the box it uses 3 AAA for 4.5v so I don't know if 3.6v is sufficient to power that sound board. It's possible it'll run, I've just never tried it myself.

Yeah, sorry Silver Serpent (say that 5 times fast) I neglected to change the battery pack in the diagram. According to Rhyen and CC the 3.6 volts should be enough to drive the sound card, and I don't need a resistor. Just wanted to be absolutely sure about my wiring plan before I start soldering things...

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You are good to go BJ, the diagram is perfect.

IMO 3.6 V is the best way to go.
    Last edited by cardcollector; 09-23-2010 at 05:04 AM.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

I stand corrected then. Rhyen and CC have made far more sabers than I, and I trust their judgement. Good luck on your build!

Default Help me Card

Ok I wired my Vader with my led just as Outside enemy except
    1. I caught the wire mistake and didnt make it (heheh its still a usefull diagram)
    2. Using AA battery holder ( thanks TCSS)
    3. Since Im using a Red P4 a 4.7 Ohm 3 Watt resistor is recommended
    (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/wi...er/wiring.aspx) since Im not sure about electi-ish I dont know what type of batteries do I use or do they not matter.