View RSS Feed

salohcin86

Build Advice for 1st timer

Rate this Entry
Hope everyone had a great turkey day . I am looking to get a little feedback/ advice on a first time build. I sadly have not retained any electrical knowledge from the time I spent helping my Dad repair/install A/C units so bear with me. Here is my first rendering and a parts list I was thinking of. The bottom two examples were my attempts at making a shroud to go over the main body. I believe with this and of course the electrical wire I will have everything to take care of light and sound. Let me know if I forgot anything.
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...aberblank4.jpg

Parts List:
1 DPDT Latching green illuminated switch
1 Green LED indicator
1 Activation box style 4
1 Hilt style 4 with guarded style switch hole
1 Ribbed grooved / Choke Combo
1 MPS Pommel style 3 v2
1 Screw on LED blade holder style 12
1 Adjustable LED driver
1 Add-on board for Adjustable LED Driver (Latching)
1 MPS Clip
1 Seoul P4 (Green)
1 Collimator Lens 5° viewing angle
L1 uxeon III/P4 Lens Holder
L1 uxeon star heatsink
1 Star thermal tape pad
1 1" Hilt safety plug (Clear)
1-3/16" ID Green O-ring
1 MPS insert style 12
1 Premium Speaker
1 MHS speaker mount V3
8-32 x .3" black thumb screw
10-32 x 1/4" set screw

Submit "Build Advice for 1st timer" to Digg Submit "Build Advice for 1st timer" to del.icio.us Submit "Build Advice for 1st timer" to StumbleUpon Submit "Build Advice for 1st timer" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I donīt know if I can place a post of this here...but I need some info about the LED specific "complete blabes" I wonder if you can tell me if this is a complete "lightsaber" or if I need some other parts...again my apologies but I`m a noob in this..
    In the store the item "complete blade" is not a complete lightsaber. It is although a complete blade. That normally includes the blade tube, a tip(shouldered, or bullet), and in some cases it includes diffuser paper. For a complete saber you need to decide far you want to take it. You can just have a handle to carry around. Or you could go a little further and have light and sound. Then you would need to get you hands on the hilt parts as well as any light and sound parts you need. Hope this helped out.
    Updated 01-06-2011 at 05:45 AM by Salohcin0083