View RSS Feed

Gungan TK421

New to saber building

Rate this Entry
hey guys i just got an account here and I'm a little new to the whole saber building thing, I've bought some stuff at the saber shop and was wondering if i got everything right. I plan to make this saber out of the 1.25" sink tube and install a hasbo 2010 anakin lightsaber soundboard that I've alread taken out of the saber. Here is the list of things I have so far:
  • 1.25" sink tube
  • 1.25" sink tube blade holder
  • Luxeon Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle
  • Luxeon rebel lense holder
  • Luxeon rebel star (green)
  • dual 18 gauge wire
  • MHs speaker and battery holder
  • Spst momentary switch
  • BuckPuck 700mA 4-wire

Submit "New to saber building" to Digg Submit "New to saber building" to del.icio.us Submit "New to saber building" to StumbleUpon Submit "New to saber building" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Oh I forgot I'll also be installing a iluminated crystal chamber lighted by another green rebel star and another 1.25 sink tube blade holder or some other mounting system. I'll posts som picts of the project in progress as soon as i have time.
    I think you may be getting slightly ahead of yourself.. 18g wire is big stuff I generally use smaller these days...

also did you get the shim? http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/He...tars-P550.aspx
    when you use the rebel star you need it (*see pic 2)

you should consider using one of the clear "High Brightness" 5mm(standard size) led's to lite the crystal (if its not lite enough you can lite it from both ends) it will save alot of space and money
    I see what you mean about the wire. But I'm not sure about the shim, does it fit inside the 1.25" sink tube blade holder or does it just mount onto the bottom? If so than what do i do with the heatsink that comes with the blade holder? do I just not use it?
    thanks for the tip on the crystal chamber. I'll try that out after i get everything wired up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungan TK421
    I see what you mean about the wire. But I'm not sure about the shim, does it fit inside the 1.25" sink tube blade holder or does it just mount onto the bottom? If so than what do i do with the heatsink that comes with the blade holder? do I just not use it?
    thanks for the tip on the crystal chamber. I'll try that out after i get everything wired up.
    click the link and look at picture 2, the shim is under the LED star and raises it up to lock under the lens holder, you do need it with rebel stars(or something similar that will also still conduct heat)