View RSS Feed

hebert466

sound

Rate this Entry
I am going with P4 LED (white) and using the LED driver from Custom Saber Shop. I am getting a toy w/sound for the sound board. My questions are; Can I "feed" the sound board through the LED driver or the other way around? If they have to be parallel will they work well together (i.e. the clash sound with the flash of the LED)? Also going with rechargable battery pack, is there a max volt that I have to keep from going over for the sound board (the LED driver can take up to 24V)?

Submit "sound" to Digg Submit "sound" to del.icio.us Submit "sound" to StumbleUpon Submit "sound" to Google

Updated 02-15-2011 at 02:30 AM by hebert466 (adding one more question.)

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Is this your first saber?
    Yes, I have spent hours looking at the blogs and have not found the info I have been looking for. All I want is basic "hum", turn on and off for the sound, and if I am reading the specs right the LED driver that I am thinking of getting will flash the LED with a clash sensor installed.
    Updated 02-16-2011 at 01:03 AM by hebert466
    Also, I like to do things right the first time. I hate having to go back and change things after the fact.
    Well first, congratulations for taking this step! Now for my opinion, I wouldn't do too much simply because if you aren't experienced (which from the sounds of you first saber, you're not.) I wouldn't do too much. I think that if you continue where you're headed, you'll find that it can be a little overwhelming for your first try. That's just my opinion. I can't stop you, but that's my input.
    thank you, yesterday I (finally) found a blog string that helped alot. Just one more question, will a P4 white work with hasburo board?
    I may not be the best person to ask, but if you can run other LED's off them (which is done a lot) I would assume so. You may want to post that question in the appropriate section on the forum.
    I recommend you to read ALL the stickies on the forum, think about it every question that has ever come up 3 or 4 times is in there(in great detail), thats how they become stickies and it will help you so so so so much.. its like a manual of all the mistakes and questions from all the great builders who have graced the pages of the forums for the years.. they are all (or have been) here.. this is the saber DIY spot.. this is where you begin the path toward becoming a true jedi(<-ones who build their own!).. Welcome and you'll see those stickies are a builders godsend
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdve
    I recommend you to read ALL the stickies on the forum, think about it every question that has ever come up 3 or 4 times is in there(in great detail), thats how they become stickies and it will help you so so so so much.. its like a manual of all the mistakes and questions from all the great builders who have graced the pages of the forums for the years.. they are all (or have been) here.. this is the saber DIY spot.. this is where you begin the path toward becoming a true jedi(<-ones who build their own!).. Welcome and you'll see those stickies are a builders godsend
    thank you, after going back again and again i did find most of the info i needed. it is true that there is no quick way to the force...lol