View RSS Feed

captain_mills

First Sabers - For the kids

Rate this Entry
Built four sabers out of PVC for the kiddos... They don't have paint on them still and it's been a while since I've put them together, but the kids love them. Spent about $30 total on the parts for all four.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC100 084.jpg 
Views:	8466 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	4802Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC100 082.jpg 
Views:	9946 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	4803

I also inherited my brother's saber that he bought a few years ago. It's an Obi-Wan prop replica, and I am planning on putting in a crystal chamber and batteries to try and wire it up for lighting. The prop doesn't have much room for anything on the inside as it is a graflex, but I'm gonna do my best. Will post pics when I get them...

CM

Submit "First Sabers - For the kids" to Digg Submit "First Sabers - For the kids" to del.icio.us Submit "First Sabers - For the kids" to StumbleUpon Submit "First Sabers - For the kids" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Neat sabers!
    Quick question though, how can an Obi Wan saber be a graflex?

-Scott
    Thanks Skottsaber!

I didn't know it couldn't be a graflex. The Obi-Wan saber I inherited from my brother has a graflex box on it (says graflex) so I assumed. I will post a pic of it tomorrow if I can...
    Oh, right.
    Yeah the only part of that saber that comes from a Graflex Flashgun is the 'box' or clamp.
    The rest of the saber was made from an assortment of other parts. A full graflex looks a lot different (It was used to make Luke's sabers in ANH and ESB).
    I'd still love to see some pictures of it though
    Here are the pics... This is the Obi-Wan saber that my brother bought about 10 years ago to go with his costume. He paid a fortune for it. It's got threads for the blade, but I have no idea what kind of blade would fit into the emitter... I'm planning on building a crystal chamber for it as practice for when I can pull up enough funds to purchase my own saber...

First Pic
    Second Pic
    Parts Pic

There are the pics! The inner diameter of the ribbed section is slightly less than that of the geared section, which makes it difficult to standardize the chassis...
    Updated 01-24-2011 at 08:51 PM by captain_mills
    WOW! Looks like one of Parks' old school MKIII's.
    If you want a conversion for that with sound and an LED contact LDM either at his web or on the FX-Sabers forums, he is a master of those conversions (and in fact just did 5 in a row )

Thanks for the pics
    -Scott