View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Build Log: Manadono's '01-01' (CF8)

Saber Build!

Quote Originally Posted by Manadono View Post
    I think 01-01 is going to be a temporary name for it.

Hello TCSS forum, and welcome to my build log!

I spent hours trying to convince myself a Graflex build would be too cliche, and it worked! Although, this saber build does pull a lot of design influence from the Vader area of lightsabers (Anakin, Vader, Starkiller and these two custom sabers I saw on google image search http://i.imgur.com/Zk4K5IW.jpg . If anyone knows who built them let
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. First cuts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	2441 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	11589
    First cuts to internal layer of staff tube. It's good to be back on a build again!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Saber Staff Build Log, I

At some point, I may train with a sword, but at the moment, my martial arts training is limited to the staff. Recognizing that the staff can be cumbersome and impractical, I've decided to make one. Darth Maul's saber staff has very long blades, which for theatrical purposes, is very cool. For the way I'm trained to use a staff, however, it is not so cool. I think the maximum length of a saber staff is five to six feet. I'm six feet tall.

The martial arts tradition in which I've trained ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Starting a MHSv2 build

Wow! Those turned out pretty great. I dig the emitter windows
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Accent LEDs

The accent LEDs are visible through holes in the exterior layer. I took some film from a laptop computer screen to diffuse the light.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	2280 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	11008 There are only two accent LEDs--one on each side.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast