View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. PVC Rahm Kota Pt. II

So, I'm hoping I can get some help here, but since no one has seen my first blog post (or at least commented on it) I may have to post this into the Forums...

Anyway I am including a link to the Mace Windu board I am using in this saber. It has a tactile switch spot on the board and I can't figure out how to wire this switch to a momentary switch.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0919120732.jpg 
Views:	2431 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	7698 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0919120732a.jpg 
Views:	2339 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	7701 ...

Updated 09-23-2012 at 09:13 PM by captain_mills

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. PVC Rahm Kota

I decided to put together a Rahm Kota saber at a cheap cost. It'll be a variant. Somewhere between the one Rahm Kota had and what it became when Galen Marek used it... I'm using the one from the 'net I found as inspiration. It's made of 1" PVC for the main body, with an endcap and a coupling. The blade holder is also 1" pvc with a 3/4" grey PVC lathe-turned to fit inside. all the parts are lathed down in my wood lathe except the main body.

The electronics are from ...

Updated 09-19-2012 at 09:42 PM by captain_mills

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Crystal Chamber Pt. III

Ok, so I have an updated chamber that I'm going to put into my brother's Obi-Wan hilt that I posted in an earlier blog post. In part I, I showed off an incomplete version of what is below. This is the finished version, without the wiring, of course. I decided to put the original crystal back in it, and had to adjust it to get it to fit.

I will work on the wiring probably next weekend, since I will be busy the rest of this week (it was nice having Pres. Day off of work). There ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Crystal Chamber Pt. II

Hello again...

I spent the afternoon custom-making a crystal for the chamber. Took a piece of clear acrylic and put it to the grinding wheel. There's some "gunk" on the edges that I need to clean off (anyone know how to polish acrylic??). Otherwise, It's about 1 1/2" long and about 1/2" in diameter. It fits nicely into my chamber, and lights up nicely... Still not as bright as I'd like it to be though...

Album Image #1
    Album Image #2 ...

Updated 02-20-2011 at 07:01 PM by captain_mills

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Crystal Chamber & Saber Interior

So, today I decided to start work on the interior of my saber. There will have to be some adjustments, as I don't have my MHS saber parts yet, and have no idea exactly what the interior diameter will be on each of the parts. I consider this to be a trial run anyway, and I'm looking for suggestions and comments.

The LED is supposed to be green, but the way I have it wired, it's running off 4AAA's at 1.2V each (4.8V total) and with a 100 ohm resistor, it isn't bright enough to be ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast