View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Nothing to show

So at this point, I have several disconnected saber parts, a broken PC, and a lot of time spent to not have a finished product. That being said, I've learned a lot about working with aluminum, soldering, and--most importantly, perhaps--being patient. I've tried lots of things that didn't work at all, and in the process started to develop my own style. Despite the lack of success, I'm optimistic about future builds.

Some people prune bonsai trees, some people build sabers. I think ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Reverse progress

Getting all the wires back into the hilt was a really challenge. I didn't want it just stuffed in there. I wanted it organized, neat, and easy to access. I also wanted to make sure nothing shook loose, because I plan on abusing my sabers. My son and I are both into martial arts, and we get rough when we spar or duel. Plus, I'm a firm believer in overkill, so I wanted a rock-solid saber. In the process, I decided that I needed more room.

I rebuilt the aluminum chassis--this time making ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Getting closer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3782.jpg 
Views:	603 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	10887

It finally came together a few days ago. Here's what I thought was the finished product.

At first, I thought I had a mixup with wiring, because the white FOC LED was burning instead of the main LED. I serendipitously changed color profiles, which I didn't really understand fully that I could do. Then the main LEDs (green) lit up. It was like a miracle. Very cool, I thought.

Everything worked well except that in some sound ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Back to the original build

My shroud / layering work improved some, and I was finally able to produce something that was far from perfect but at least slightly above the "acceptable" threshold.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3770.jpg 
Views:	570 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	10886
    The shroud work is not polished. Also, some of the bands close to the emitter are etched--not with any design but to yield some texture. This unpolished texture is complemented by the unpolished outer layer.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4