Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3825.jpg 
Views:	779 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	10974
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Third Phase

This is the third major phase of this perpetual rebuild. I decided to attach the ignition switch to an internal chassis tube, which would be accessible through the hilt body and through the shroud layer. In other words, three layers of metal are visible around the switch. I'll probably use a bezel to lift up the switch.

Name:	IMG_3820.jpg 
Views:	804 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	10972Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3821.jpg 
Views:	765 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	10973
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Like a Jawa--scavenging electronic gadgets

I was sitting in a meeting today when I noticed how the vent on a colleague's computer would look nice in a crystal chamber. Then I came home and deconstructed an old lap top of my own. Y know you're really into saber smithing when you start seeing saber parts everywhere. I think I can use this switch from an old PowerBook.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	791 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	10952
    I also found tons of useful parts inside. This may lead to a completely new saber build.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Reworked Chassis

I decided to rework the chassis I had previously built to give me more room for wires. Click image for larger version. 

Views:	597 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	10919

I'm using a lightweight aluminum tube, which I marked up with a Sharpie.

Then I drilled stop points in the corners to keep me from over cutting with the rotary tool.

Views:	640 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	10920

II planned on covering this with spray on rubber, but it looks so nice with this shine finish. I may leave it as is, but I'll ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The best reward

Name:	IMG_0165.JPG 
Views:	598 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	10889

Last year's Hoth adventure with a Hasbro saber. I probably won't have a custom saber finished by the end of the winter, so the Hoth adventure with our own custom sabers may have to wait until next winter. My son was 8 in this picture. I am quite certain that Episode VII will stoke his interest in Star Wars. Can't wait for all the adventures that come out of that!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast