PDA

View Full Version : Laugh of the day

Skottsaber
01-11-2010, 06:26 AM
Hey all

Was just browsin' around as I do when i'm bored... and came across this hilarious thread by some camera nerds:
http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?p=28395&sid=2345158c1353554a3c5fcd28cab53aca:rolleyes:

Oh well... at least Tim sells replicas :)

Rafalema
01-11-2010, 07:15 AM
LOL! This is just so funny! Awesome find!

Thank you! :D

Crystal Chambers
01-11-2010, 07:31 AM
"Maybe we could spread the word among the Lomo and Holga enthusiasts that pinhole cameras made from stormtrooper helmets are the latest thing to have..."

"Ingenious! I've also heard that the best view camera dark cloths are made from Darth Vader's capes!"

lol..awesome

Are there any other people we can aggravate by converting their products into cool creative fun stuff?..lol

I love it. I made end tables out of sauna tube, and a desk that uses a cluster of ABS to hold one end up. No joking.

FenderBender
01-11-2010, 08:41 AM
No matter what you do for fun, someone, somewhere as HUGE panty knot somewhere uncomfortable about it.

Screw 'em, if it weren't for us "Sci-Fi" nerds keeping the hunt for those pieces of junk alive for the last 35 years, there may not have been any for them to have for THEIR hobby. God, it's not like they're saving the world by working with antiquated film tech.

Shadar Al'Niende
01-11-2010, 09:22 AM
WTG, mopar_guy! That's a strike against their empire!
Seriously, collecting flashguns for our Graflex-made cameras is a hobby unto itself. And probably cheaper than collecting the cameras, which, like any addiction, gets expensive. Not nearly as costly as collecting Leicas or Zeiss Icons, however.

Ha ha and WE are the NERDS....:rolleyes:

Eco
01-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Screw 'em, if it weren't for us "Sci-Fi" nerds keeping the hunt for those pieces of junk alive for the last 35 years, there may not have been any for them to have for THEIR hobby. God, it's not like they're saving the world by working with antiquated film tech.

Lol. Your opinion is clear on the matter.

One guy was asking when the prequel series was; "the early 90's?"
He's obviously oblivious to the media. I really want to find myself correcting him.

Shadar Al'Niende
01-11-2010, 09:25 AM
I think he was talking about movie number 4....

FenderBender
01-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Also may be talking about the Special Editions which I think came out in '96/'97. Episode I was 1999.

I don't have a problem with the antique camera hobby at all. It's just pointless for them to get all butthurt about ours:D

Here's another "I'm saving these poor flashes from the SW nerds" threads, pretty funny:D http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=5486

Eco
01-11-2010, 09:44 AM
In my opinion, some people are willing to molest these things.
Because it's a freakin' camera part!

The funny thing is, he spent too much money on a 2-cell, just to save it from us. We have little to no use for 2-cells! OH! the irony!

FenderBender
01-11-2010, 09:45 AM
I cut up...er....molested a 2 cell once. It became the brass custom Graflex powerhouse known as Perseverence:D

Freaking camera part indeed HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Eco
01-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Hah!
Think we should post a link to this thread in their thread?
Or is that just asking for unwanted trouble?

FenderBender
01-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Nah, no need to stir up that hornets nest. The last thing we need is an organized effort from antique camera geeks snatching auctions or driving the prices even further up on these things.

Though, admittedly, it would be loads of fun:D

Eco
01-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Nah, no need to stir up that hornets nest. The last thing we need is an organized effort from antique camera geeks snatching auctions or driving the prices even further up on these things.

Though, admittedly, it would be loads of fun:D
Lol.
Fair enough.

acerocket
01-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Yeah, and when was the last time one of them sold a Graflex 3 cell for over 1200 bucks? (thinks of a Yoda Graflex all tricked out).

Rhyen Skytracker
01-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Someone actually starts selling kits to UNCONVERT lightsaber toys back into working flashguns.

They can always buy the saber and unconvert it. LOL

Eco
01-11-2010, 04:24 PM
They can always buy the saber and unconvert it. LOL

They did say they're working on how to unconvert them!
And then all our lightsaber parts end up in the landfill. How's that for hypocrisy?

astromech_kuhns
01-11-2010, 04:42 PM
i love how they collect old camera parts, and were the geeks. which we are, but your comparing it to camera collecters.

and yes, i dont think you can molest camera parts, unless they have that much of a attachment to them.

and im pretty sure we have never done anything to them. yet.;)

im thinking about joining the forums! dont worrry though, wouldnt mention tcss!

Jedi-Loreen
01-11-2010, 05:40 PM
astro, just, don't.

Unless you have a real interest in old cameras.

That thread is a year old anyway, don't go stirring things up over there.

Sunrider
01-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Haha. Save the graflexes from the hands of desecration.;)

"Yes I know, I paid too much for it, but at least it will spend the rest of its days doing service as a flash on the side of a 2x3 Pacemaker instead of living in a fantasy world. "

They should be on the endangered species list.:D

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
01-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Heh. I'm torn between two worlds. I'm an amateur landscape & nature photographer, and I would love to get my hands on one of those large format cameras.

On the other hand, I have three Graflex flash guns, and I have every intention of making sabers out of them.

What a pickle.;):D

gundamaniac
01-12-2010, 12:20 AM
For one of those saber conversions, you need to just make a belthanger luke replica (ie, just a cosmetic conversion, nonluxeon). That way you can go out with a camera that has a functioning lightsaber flash =P

Hasid Lafre
01-12-2010, 12:26 AM
First link first page.

"I remember seeing The Empire Strikes Back in 1977"

Lolwut!?

Its an antique camera flash that was saved cause of us, if it wasent cause of us noone would be doing anything with them anymore.

Becides its an old ass camera and produces crappy pics.

bloodnut28
01-12-2010, 03:16 AM
as i read their thread, i held my graflex converted to luke anh and laughed.