PDA

View Full Version : First order checking

Darth Kehel
01-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Ok so Im about to make my first order so I just want everything checked before that.

Hilt
-Hilt style 2 with standard style switch hole
-MHS ribbed extension
-Screw on LED blade holder style 2
-MPS Pommel style 4
-Switch Bezel Nut
-8-32 x 1/2" thumb screw (for blade)
-MPS Insert style 4
-1-1/2" x 12" Chrome sink tube (for shroud)
-3/4" D-Ring

Electronics
-Build Your Own Luxeon III Electronics Kit:
* 4AAA battery holder
* Blue
* Collimator Lens 5° viewing angle
* 2.2ohm 5w resistor
* Push on/push off switch with black button
* Luxeon III/V Lens Holder

And some other little things for custom working. Im planning on machining some sort of chasis inside the hilt in school once I get the time.

Jedi-Loreen
01-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Are you going to drill and tap your own holes for you blade retention and D-ring screws?

Are you aware that the 5 degree lens won't fit into the lens holder without some modifitation?

Darth Kehel
01-10-2010, 04:35 PM
I could drill ant tap all the holes in school but ive thought about having the blade holder hole done.

Yes im aware that the 5 degree lens wont fit thats why I have tried to find a tutorial on it but with no results yet.

The reason im ordering a 5 deg is becouse there has not been 10 deg lenses on stock in a while.

Jay-gon Jinn
01-10-2010, 07:21 PM
I could drill ant tap all the holes in school but ive thought about having the blade holder hole done.

Yes im aware that the 5 degree lens wont fit thats why I have tried to find a tutorial on it but with no results yet.

The reason im ordering a 5 deg is becouse there has not been 10 deg lenses on stock in a while.
This might help with the lens and holder:
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showpost.php?p=49680&postcount=13

Darth Kehel
01-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Thanks Jay I heard about youre tutorial but was not able to dig it up.
So does everything look good In the order?

also I found a site from Finland that sells led lenses and theres 10 degree lenses there I might buy one and test if it fits.

Jedi-Loreen
01-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Did you see the link in Jay's post above?

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...0&postcount=13 (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showpost.php?p=49680&postcount=13)

What about an MPS clip to hold in your pommel insert? Or are you going to use some other method?

Darth Kehel
01-11-2010, 12:08 AM
Thanks Jay I heard about youre tutorial but was not able to dig it up.

Yes I checked the link.

Edit:
And I was thinking of using some other method. Read about that you could hot glue it in place since Im not plannin on removing it after I put it there.

Jedi-Loreen
01-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Ok, I read that like you couldn't find it and didn't see the link, guess I was wrong.

Yes, you can use hot glue. I had to ask, because some people just forget to put the clip on there. ;)

Darth Kehel
01-11-2010, 12:25 AM
Hehehe :) So is this order good to go or is there still something I should notice in it?

Jedi-Loreen
01-11-2010, 12:32 AM
What are you going to attach the D-ring with? Do you already have screws to use for that?

Other than that question, your order looks complete, to me.

Oh, what about some heat shrink and some extra wire? You'll need some of that, too.

Darth Kehel
01-11-2010, 12:37 AM
All the random screws, wire, heatshrink I can get from my local electronics and hardware stores so no need to order them from here :)

Thank you for youre help :)

Jedi-Loreen
01-11-2010, 12:40 AM
Okie dokie

Darth Kehel
01-11-2010, 12:50 AM
I decided to add the drill & tap service on the list for the blade holder I read that It would be good to email about it with a picture of the location. In what adress do I put this in?

Jedi-Loreen
01-11-2010, 01:07 AM
sales@thecustomsabershop.com

Darth Kehel
01-11-2010, 01:12 AM
Thanks again. Just verified my first order, I cant wait to get my hands on it :)