PDA

View Full Version : Luxeon III vs Luxeon Rebel Pictures

PhoenixReborn
01-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Hey, im wondering if someone has pictures of the various colors between Luxeon III and Luxeon Rebel to compare brightness. Especially Red, Royal Blue and Blue.. I'd love to see the difference. Anyone whos got pictures like this, PLEASE post.

mihunai
01-06-2010, 06:07 AM
All LuxIII LED's are made to be as bright as other LuxIII's, regardless of the colour, same goes for the Rebels.
Some might seem brighter, but that is just because eyes/camera's are more sensitive to it...
On either extremes of the spectrum (royal blue and red) it might seem dimmer, but that is mainly because some part of the
light is in the IR/UV part of the spectrum.

Especially the royal blue emits a large part of its energy in UV light.
So, i believe it would be from bright to dim: Blue, Red, Royal blue.

Hope this helps.

mTm

cardcollector
01-06-2010, 08:55 AM
You can just read the specifications of each LED to see the Lumen output.

A picture wouldn't be very helpful in this instance because of how difficult it is to accuratly show how the blade(s) really look.

PhoenixReborn
01-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Yeah well from how its looking, the rebel red is 55 lumens darker than the luxeon III red... but draws about half the current. The question is what does it output at its max rated current of 1000ma, especially considering the rebels of other colors are closer to LuxV values. Which is why i want to see it.

cardcollector
01-07-2010, 08:10 PM
rebels are designed to be much more effencient than the lux III

that's why they naturally operate at a lower current. You can drive them at 1000ma though, that would increase the brightness exponentially.

mihunai
01-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Well, not exponentially.
http://www.philipslumileds.com/pdfs/DS65.pdf
If you look at page 15, you can see the Lumen output vs. Current, compared to
the rated lumens at 350mA.
Allthough, apparently, they didnt test the red
all the way too 1000mA, but i guess you could extend the line yourself...

mTm