blade holder style 18
hilt style 3 with standard switch hole
pommel style 3v2
choke style 1
MPS insert style 7
mps clip
blade retention screw plus hole
button for covertec clip plus hole

that wasn't hard for me. what is hard for me is the inner workings. if i understand it properly, the plan is to use:

MHS sound/speaker/battery combo (when its available)
SPST Momentary switch with black button
lux 3 red/orange
lens holder
5 degree lens

i plan on also using:
LED "TCSS style" Battle blade 1" OD
have i missed anything?

Jedi-Loreen
01-06-2010, 12:00 AM
How about a Covertec clip for your button? ;)

Be aware that the 5 degree lens will not just snap into the lens holder like the 10 degree does. You will have to modify the lens or the holder. There is info on the board to tell you what you need to do for that.

Or get the 10 degree, it's easier. That's the only lens I use for 1" blades, personally.

Rafalema
01-06-2010, 12:16 AM
I don't think you will ever get a chance to order that combo. Ultrasound boards are not manufactured anymore.

Jedi-Loreen
01-06-2010, 12:31 AM
True, but it might work with the TCSS board that will come out eventually. We don't know when that will be, though.

So, unless you plan to use a Hasbro Economy board, which also uses a momentary switch, you will need a latching switch to direct drive your LED off the batteries with a resistor, or to use with a MR/Hasbro FX sound board.

Darthcestus
01-07-2010, 01:44 AM
thanks for the help. where can i find the Hasbro Economy board

Darthcestus
01-07-2010, 01:47 AM
while i am asking, anyone heard of sabersound, they any good?

Jedi-Loreen
01-07-2010, 02:53 AM
You buy a toy Hasbro saber, open it up and take out the sound board.

Jay-gon Jinn
01-07-2010, 02:53 AM
Usually anyplace that sells Star Wars toys, like Wal-mart.

while i am asking, anyone heard of sabersound, they any good?
Many have heard of it, and used it....it's not something most will recommend due to poor customer service from the seller.

Darthcestus
01-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the help guys, now that I have this info under my belt, buying my hilt next week will be a breeze

Hasid Lafre
01-07-2010, 07:27 PM
i would take a hasbro over SS.

Vos Malek
01-07-2010, 09:42 PM
i would take a hasbro over SS.

Same here. They are MUCH more reliable.

Darthcestus
01-08-2010, 01:04 AM
alright just to recap:

get hasbro card and install it with a mometary switch, my lux 3 red/orange, a resistor, lens, lens holder, speaker and of course batteries and i should be good right?

Jordandau
01-08-2010, 01:51 AM
You could try a lux 1 or seoul p4 for red, you wouldn't need a resistor then. At least thats what I've gathered from my reading.

cardcollector
01-08-2010, 10:31 AM
I would use the Lux I instead of the LUX III

The lux I needs 350ma to be properly driven. As opposed to the Lux III which wants 1500ish ma.

The hasbro sound board gives off 350ish ma so you would have to use a relay setupto acheive the ful brightness of the lux III

a pic of a lux I red orange
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1026

Crystal Chambers
01-08-2010, 11:00 AM
I was told by someone very reputable here that with red oranges a lux 3 was brighter then p4. I know pics can be deceiving but that lux 1 looks bright!

Skottsaber
01-08-2010, 11:30 AM
You could try a lux 1 or seoul p4 for red, you wouldn't need a resistor then. At least thats what I've gathered from my reading.

No need for the n00b alert. You read, you didn't attack anybody, you found out for yourself and asked legitimate questions. ;)

Darthcestus
01-08-2010, 11:07 PM
thanks guys, i'll probably stick with lux III, and just buy a relay, but anything else that i've missed aside from that?

cardcollector
01-10-2010, 12:50 PM
you will want to mount the relay on a small piece of PCB if you plan on dueling with you saber.

Relay's are pretty sensitive to cram-fu. make sure and mount it properly.;-)

aside from that, I don't like the battle blades. They are to heavy and dim the blade considerably.
A "show" blade will work much better- trust me, you won't break it... (Unless you decide to try it out as a trampoline...)

Darthcestus
01-27-2010, 09:51 PM
alright, just recieved my mhs parts and electronics including a red lux 3, 6v battery pack, latching switch, apropriate resistor i also have a lux 3w v2 led driver, but not the clash switch is this something i really need and can someone give me the proper link to go get it?
thx for the help

Hasid Lafre
01-27-2010, 10:13 PM
They are to heavy and dim the blade considerably.
A "show" blade will work much better- trust me, you won't break it... (Unless you decide to try it out as a trampoline...)

They dont dim it considerably, only minorly, some leds you wont even notice much of a difference.

Show blades wont break but they will dent and bend.

And you cn run a luxIII red with a hasbro setup, use the outputs of the hasbro board as a relay to turn on a resistor or puck driven luxIII.

Simple, I thought this was common knolage on these forums?

Darthcestus
01-28-2010, 12:41 AM
And you cn run a luxIII red with a hasbro setup, use the outputs of the hasbro board as a relay to turn on a resistor or puck driven luxIII.

so let me get this straight...
battery pack to the hasbro board, splice the switch in to the positive wire of the battery going to the board and in to the board and then have a resistor between the board and the lux 3, won't that dim my LED star?

Hasid Lafre
01-28-2010, 09:28 AM
No

Battery pack to board, switch to board, power wires for led to battery pack, board light outputs to switch wires on a buck puck or the led driver.

You are using the board as a relay, or middel man to turn the puck on, cause the puck needs a latching switch, the hasbros run a momentary switch.

With the boards led/bulb outputs it gives a constent, Not sure about the foc models.

Darthcestus
02-04-2010, 01:31 AM
alright, just recieved my mhs parts and electronics including a red lux 3, 6v battery pack, latching switch, apropriate resistor i also have a lux 3w v2 led driver, but not the clash switch is this something i really need and can someone give me the proper link to go get it?
thx for the help

any help?

Hasid Lafre
02-04-2010, 02:24 AM
You dont need it persay, you can get a clash sensor and wire that in place of the secondary switch, But without is fine, it just wont flash when you strike something.

Sence you got a driver you dont need a resistor.

Is the driver you got a momentary version or a latching version? the only way to ad sound to the latching version is with MR or hasbro FFX boards, the momentary you can use cheap hasbro boards.

There is wiring diagrams on these forums.

Darthcestus
02-06-2010, 12:57 AM
so you're saying that i can use the hasbro ffx with my driver and get full brightness, sweet!