PDA

View Full Version : MHS Shopping list

Skottsaber
01-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Ok guys this is my MHS design:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1237687/Origin2.jpg

This is my list of parts so far and I've gutted a Hasbro Vader Force Action saber

EDIT: This is an updated version from the original post

7" fluted body with standard switch hole
MHS Choke Style 1 short
MHS Blade holder style 13
MPS Clip
MPS Insert style 1
MPS Pommel style 4
8-32 x 1/2" thumb screw
Drill & Tap hole (for retention screw)
Build your own Seoul P4 electronics kit
switch bezel nut
3/16" Heatshrink tubing
2 wire quick connector
Premium Speaker
MHS Speaker mount v2
2x Black o-ring

I read that I needed a relay with the economy board - Is this 100% necessary or can I just power it off the board + buckpuck? In any case which kind of relay will I need? (Remember i'm in South Africa so no radioshack etc.) Lastly I could not find any dimensions on the blade holder so I don't know whether it will hold one of my blades (I have 2 initiate mid-grade blades from Ultrasabers from my Phantom initiate) I believe they are 1" OD.

Many thanks,
Scott ;)

FenderBender
01-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Forget the puck, and just run the P4 direct off of the board. I have done this before and it works great with the P4. No relay either, make sure that the switch that you use is momentary cause that's what the board requires.

Skottsaber
01-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Great thanks Fender! Updated the list.

Rhyen Skytracker
01-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Fender is correct. You can run a P4 directly off the board with no problems and it will give you a bright blade.

Skottsaber
01-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Ok then does anybody know whether I can fit by Ultrablade into the TCSS bladeholder?

kurtsea
01-05-2010, 11:55 AM
you can if you sand the blade were it fits into the blade holder or the inside of the blade holder itself:)

Skottsaber
01-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Oh. So by looking at the blades in the LED section of the store I gather that I will need a 3/4" blade? Or is it a minute difference, i.e the reason for suggesting sanding?

cardcollector
01-05-2010, 02:23 PM
The TCSS bladeholder is made to fit 1" polycarbonate tubing.

the ultraedge blade is a hair bigger than 1"

astromech_kuhns
01-05-2010, 08:42 PM
yes its not a whole lot to sand, as like said by cardcollecter it is just a tad bit bigger.

also i would suggest getting a decent amount of heat shrink if you dont have any at your house or a radio shack. that way you dont have to make two orders, and you will end up using it for other sabers in the future any way;)

Jedi-Loreen
01-06-2010, 03:07 AM
Is there a reason you're ordering the adhesive lined heat shrink? It's really made more to waterproof connections. Plus, it's messy and hard to remove if you needed to redo a solder connection for some reason.

Crystal Chambers
01-06-2010, 05:21 AM
lol...aqua jedi!

sorry if this is off topic....

That would be sooo cool. hmmm...new post maybe.

I should ask since it actually relates to your design...any thoughts on O-rings on the blade holder? Not sure how they'd fit but it would fill in the grooves and balance out the look. Just an idea....

Jedi-Loreen
01-06-2010, 12:25 PM
O-rings between the blade holder and whatever it's screwed onto isn't usually good, because if the blade holder doesn't screw all the way down, the optics rattle.

FenderBender
01-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Yeah, but that particular blade holder has 2 grooves on it that will hold O-rings. I cant stand o-rings on a saber myself.....but that's just personal preference.

Jedi-Loreen
01-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Yes, that's true about the grooves, but I was considering where the others were in the render when I posted. And also that CC mentions a "aqua" saber. And the fact that I seemed to have missed what she said about putting them in the grooves. :rolleyes:

I don't like O-rings, either. When I wanted some color in the grooves of my Paladin hilt (hilt style 2) I used pin striping tape in every other groove.

Crystal Chambers
01-06-2010, 06:57 PM
sorry I should have been more specific...I mentioned aqua saber because of adhesive heat shrink and it's use for waterproofing. I was just pointed to LM's 2 aqua sabers on another thread..lol

Jedi-Loreen
01-06-2010, 06:59 PM
I know. And I had to point out that I can't read, because I missed where you said about putting them in the grooves of the blade holder. :p

Skottsaber
01-07-2010, 12:16 AM
Sorry to disrupt the conversation here but I have one last question. I have slept on it and will get a TCSS Style Show Blade. I noticed that there are 2 OD's on that page... I need a 1" OD to fit the bh yes?

Thanks

Jay-gon Jinn
01-07-2010, 02:56 AM
Sorry to disrupt the conversation here but I have one last question. I have slept on it and will get a TCSS Style Show Blade. I noticed that there are 2 OD's on that page... I need a 1" OD to fit the bh yes?

Thanks

Yes, you'll want the 1" o.d. show blade.

Skottsaber
01-09-2010, 12:26 AM
I placed my order last night (Africa Time lol) so I am now waiting with anticipation to start my first build!