PDA

View Full Version : The 903rd Legion

mihunai
01-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Has anyone heard of it before?

I just came across their site, and i thought i'd share it with you guys.

Here's their intro:
"The 903rd Legion is now up and running!

http://903rd.proboards.com

WHO WE ARE: The 903rd Legion is a Star Wars costuming board unlike any other. Our goal is to focus on the individuality and creativity of those already members of the 501st Legion, the Rebel Legion, and many others by allowing them a place to create completely custom costume - or to customize their current costumes - based on the Star Wars universe. But let me be perfectly clear...it is not the intention of the 903rd to take away members of any board. Our goal is solely to give yet another costuming posting board alternative in the cosplay universe, much in the way any of the detachment boards offer costume-specific forums.

WHY WE DID THIS: It came to our attention that while the 501st and the RL are fairly decent organizations with necessary strict guidelines for their canon costumes and the Mandalorian Mercs is a wonderful board to create and show off a custom Mandalorian character, there really isn't anything out there for customized Star Wars characters in general.

For instance, say you want a character who is a Rebel Pilot, but you want a different color jumpsuit other than the standard red, green, and orange. Or if you want to be a smuggler that's never been seen on the screen. Or if you want to create a totally unique bounty hunter out of piece-parts from various troopers that "got in your way," you're welcome in the 903rd!

We're talking complete customs here, folks!

Like I said, this isn't something to take away from any group in general. But since the 501st and the RL doesn't allow customs at all, and the Mercs are Mando Specific, if you have a wild and crazy idea for a totally unique custom character that could be seen in the Star Wars universe, then stop on by http://903rd.proboards.com!

And if you already have any costume from any group, you are welcome as well. 501st, RL Jedi, Mercs...we encourage you to be creative and come up with something completely custom, but you are still welcome!

So be sure to stop on by and join if you like. All Star Wars costumes are welcome.

903rd Legion Staff"

[remove thread if it voilates anything]

mTm

Jedi-Loreen
01-01-2010, 11:34 AM
I thought someone posted about it here before, maybe in the Misc section.

I'm wondering if this group will be around for long.

I wouldn't say that the 501st and RL don't allow custom costumes at all, but you must have a formal costume first, because custom ones would be considered informal.

And often, formal, canon costumes only, are allowed at certain events, like ones for LFL.

I've got ideas for some custom costumes. A Moisture Farmer and a Swoop Bike Rider, which would be just for fun.

Takamatsu
01-01-2010, 01:30 PM
I think there is a few of us that are members there aswell as here.

So far it isn't a very busy site with many posts, but then I guess it has only been running a couple of months. I'm hoping it will get busier as time goes on and we'll get to see some real nice custom characters and costumes.