PDA

View Full Version : Watched Something Something Something Dark Side yesterday...

JediMedic
12-29-2009, 06:38 PM
...and didnt laugh once. I kinda chuckled at Consuella (sp?) and a little at the gay Imperial officers...but other than that, it really wasnt that funny at all. What did everyone else think?

pandatrooper
12-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Same kind of humor as "Blue Harvest". I thought it was good but not awesome. There were moments in Blue Harvest I thought were much funnier (Peter / Han with couch in the garbage compactor, etc..)

I didn't see the need for all the excessive swearing, it didn't really add to the humor or make the Star Wars stuff any better. But i guess that's the way they're going!

Jordandau
12-29-2009, 09:06 PM
I think the star wars episode that robot chicken did was much better.

sekrogue1985
12-29-2009, 09:11 PM
it's family guy what do you expect. It's usually a hit or miss with them.

Blue Fox
12-29-2009, 09:11 PM
I think the funniest parts for me were the imperial probe droid landing and the walker with the scraped up knee. I was disappointed by the length of the movie too. BH was virtually a shot for shot parody of SW. this felt like an abridged version.

Crystal Chambers
12-30-2009, 05:34 AM
ok..lol

I did like this one better then the last. I was lucky to find it online uncensored, and thought "Han's" reaction to "Leia" before getting frozen hilarious. I mean the script was nothing, more so how he said it. All the appearances in the bounty hunter scene was pretty good too....oh yeah the wampa..lol Too funny.

To be honest there were some really stupid parts like the sith training clips, or who ever yoda was...but overall I actually laughed out loud quite a bit which was kinda unusual for me.

You gotta admit it's much better then spaceballs any day...reminds I actually wanna watch that again...what am I thinking?

psab keel
12-30-2009, 07:27 AM
I haven't seen it as of yet, but I wasn't all that impressed with Blue Harvest so I'm not exactly expecting much. Family Guy is either nonstop laughs or a handful of chuckles. They never seem to be consistent, and when the try too hard, the episodes are usually unfunny. The Robot Chicken special on the other hand, had me cracking up from start to finish.

Pullo
12-30-2009, 12:56 PM
I love family guy, not as good as it used to be but.... I thought Something, something something was very funny. Peter frozen in carbonite.. Meg as the space slug and the "did you see a hand come down here joke" loved it.. Yes I am "Childish and immature" I think that may be a requirement of the Family guy fan club. It was good fun.

thejedilestat
12-30-2009, 03:17 PM
i laughed my head tails off when i saw this movie i was not laughing the whole time but it was a good flick i just didnt like yoda... that i could have done without

i loved the first Robot chicken SW special but the 2nd was not as good made me laugh but then again thats not hard to do;);)

it was odd to me that my wife knew about the teen wolf thing and i didnt :confused:

spaceballs was a great movie its sits next to my star wars dvds along side my jay and silent bob strike back

Kal El Rah
01-02-2010, 12:15 AM
I'm easy, I found it funny most of the time, but yeah, it was kinda short.;)

Jedi-Loreen
01-02-2010, 01:23 AM
Well, I'm glad I didn't buy this, like I was originally planning to.

I was disappointed. I didn't find it that funny. I think I only laughed out loud 2 or 3 times. :neutral: