PDA

View Full Version : Starwars Threads

DaJoQuim
12-21-2009, 06:28 PM
I read about this company in the starwars insider.According to the insider,museum replicas makes the costumes from the real things.I just thought I would post this for all to view.Pricey;but,cool!!

http://www.museumreplicas.com/g-12-complete-ensembles.aspx

Jedi-Loreen
12-21-2009, 06:52 PM
What do you mean, made "from the real things"? Real fabrics?

They supposedly had access to the costume archives, but still got some details wrong.
But I guess you have to compromise when you're mass producing costumes and trying to fit a lot of different body shapes.

There's already a thread on Museum Replicas, I don't think we need another one. :rolleyes:

Alexander
12-23-2009, 09:53 PM
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=9629

Museum Replicas put alot of work into it. check it out DaJoQuim.

But I guess you have to compromise when you're mass producing costumes and trying to fit a lot of different body shapes.

=)

DaJoQuim
12-25-2009, 06:44 PM
wow them costumes are nice!!

parkejeff
01-14-2010, 05:11 AM
Museum Replicas has been around a while. They make really high quality weapons. Can't see the Star Wars Costumes anything but top of the line. The only thing that got me was that the lightsabers were resin caste. But nice never the less.

TimeRender
01-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Museum Replicas makes mid-grade weapons at best, and having purchased costume pieces from them before I can tell you that I have been very disappointed with the quality.

Edit: Just to be clear, Museum Replicas does not produce their own weapons. Their weapons are produced by Windlass Steel. I'm not sure who makes the costume pieces, though I suspect they get them from multiple sources. Because they are made by different companies, the quality of their weapons is not directly linked to the quality of their costumes. My opinion is that their costumes are poorly made.

Jedi-Loreen
01-14-2010, 01:56 PM
From what I've been hearing on the Rebel Legion forums, the Star Wars costumes will probably also below high quality, especially for the price. Several members have seen prototype costumes at various conventions and were not that impressed.