PDA

View Full Version : Aurum Solis

Mal Rune
12-18-2009, 12:50 PM
The Aurum Solis, or Golden Sun saber project parts list.

Blade Holder style 19
8-32 x 3/8" button head screw(blade retention)
Hilt style 1 with guarded style switch hole
MPS Pommel style 6
MPS Clip
MPS Insert style 4
SPST Latching Guarded switch with silver button
4AAA battery holder
3.3ohm 5w resistor
Luxeon Rebel Led Star Amber
Luxeon Collimator Lens 5 deg viewing angle
Luxeon III/V Lens Holder
UltraEdge Blade

http://i50.tinypic.com/mcazhk.jpg
Heres a crude concept drawing.

Anything I forgot or should change lemme know :cool:

Lan-Ja Hamil
12-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Maybe a Covertec button or a D ring for hanging your saber from a belt. Other than that it looks good to me. A more senior member here might have a little more insight.

cardcollector
12-18-2009, 01:28 PM
You will have to sand down the utra edge blade to get it to fit in the bladeholder...

But other than that I think you're good to go.

Mal Rune
12-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Really? Is the ultra edge bigger than 1 inch? I think theres a smaller ultra edge made for graflex replica's, but I figured it was 3/4"...

Jay-gon Jinn
12-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Really? Is the ultra edge bigger than 1 inch? I think theres a smaller ultra edge made for graflex replica's, but I figured it was 3/4"...

No, there isn't a smaller UltraEdge that is 3/4"....and the Ultrasaber's polycarbonate supplier makes theirs slightly larger than Tim's so they are not a direct fit in the MHS blade holders. Tim makes those to fit the polycarbonate he sells, which stands to reason, since the MHS is his thing, not Ultrasabers'.

Mal Rune
12-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Well I dont think it will be to much trouble. Im sure I can sand it down a bit...and yeah I just took a look at the UltraEdge that I figured was 3/4. It seems I misunderstood the description. Anyways is the 3.3ohm 5watt resistor the right choice for a Rebel? I used a resistor calculator, and read that rebels use about the same amount of power as a seoul P4, but I'd like to here a professionals opinion just to be sure.

cardcollector
12-18-2009, 07:14 PM
It would be easier to just buy the thinwalled blade and make your own cellophane diffuser.

That's what an ultraedge blade is...

Mal Rune
12-18-2009, 08:29 PM
The UltraEdge is made of white polycarbonate. Not clear. Therefore they arent the same, and the blade holder on Ultrasabers oppressor is blade holder 19, and seems to fit the Ultra Edge just fine..granted they could'ev machined it, but some minor sanding shouldnt be a problem. Besides if all else fails I'll just get one of tims blades. Thanks for your input :cool:

xl97
12-19-2009, 09:44 AM
It would be easier to just buy the thinwalled blade and make your own cellophane diffuser.

That's what an ultraedge blade is...

huh?

what makes you think/say that?

cardcollector
12-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Just from what I've seen in vids...

I can't tell the difference from the two.

Mal Rune
12-19-2009, 12:35 PM
From what I've seen, and heard the ultraedge has the best diffusion. Ive seen it aswell as a nylon blade compared to a clear poly blade, and I have to say I like the look of the ultraedge. Very even blade.