PDA

View Full Version : The Bink

Aradian Valentine
12-17-2009, 07:43 PM
This is a gift for my girlfriend this year. I caught her playing with one of my lightsabers and she said she wanted one, purple of course.
I used MHS parts with a Makotosai Driver and Sound Card and a Makotosai String LED Blade.

Sunrider
12-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Nice saber there. I like the hilt. The blade looks great too.:)

eastern57
12-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Wow, I'm surprised at how accurately you were able to capture the true hue of that blade. Whenever I took pictures of my makototsai purples, they never looked accurate - yours does. Did you string them yourself, or did you get the kit?

Can you do me a favor? Can you post your lit pix in the purple blade section? Here. (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27) In case people want to know "how purple" the purple makototsai LEDs are.

Hilt looks good too, nice job! :)

Aradian Valentine
12-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Makotosai strung these :)
Posted in purple blade section.
*Force Push*

jedimastergarcia87
12-18-2009, 01:28 PM
I like that hilt. Hope she likes her saber. The Makotosai LED's look cool. I might do a purple blade myself. How do you install the string LEDs? Are the blades still duelable with the strings?

Jedi-Loreen
12-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Where's the pommel insert? Did you forget to order one? :p

I like the brass accents, but I'm not so sure about those 2 tubes in the blade holder.

Did you know that you could have asked Tim to screw on the blade holder and align the switch hole with that style blade holder?

I like that purple blade a lot.

Oh, I forgot to ask about the name of the saber. What is the significance? When I see it, I keep thinking about a "binky". :p

mihunai
12-18-2009, 02:56 PM
J-Lo, surely you didn't just double post? :P
Anyway, great looking saber. Very KOTOR.
It would look better id things where aligned a bit...
Plus, i'd put a thumbscrew instead of those antennae... (yes J-Lo, that one's for you :) )

mTm

Vos Malek
12-18-2009, 03:05 PM
I kinda like the speaker being open like that. ;) I've seen it like that before somewhere. Might have been on one of Makotosai's sabers actually. Anyway, cool hilt. I'm sure she will love it!

Aradian Valentine
12-18-2009, 04:14 PM
thanks y'all,
The end of the saber is open on purpose (didn't forget but, thanks for asking) It is Makotosai inspired to have the back end open, I think the sound is richer.
the Brass accents on the blade holder are purely cosmetic, the actual retention screw is flush with the outer diameter.
Bink is my GFs nickname ;)
Makotosai strung these LEDs himself and though the Bink will see minimal action I have dueled with other Makotosai blades and they are tough!

I must say I was never a huge fan of purple until I finished this and now I am a convert.