PDA

View Full Version : TCSS Sound boards?

Ovlos
12-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Maybe this should be part of the wish list, but I noticed a thread where Tim stated that TCSS was working on a sound board of its own. I was just curious as to how progress was coming.

Lord Maul
12-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Tim will let us know when there's progress. I'm sure it won't be very long, as there is always a demand for sound boards.

Nineteen
12-16-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm psyched. That's a fact. :)

Ovlos
12-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Coo :)

Just was wondering was all, not trying to be all OMGGIMMIESOUNDCARDNAOOOOOOOOO lol

Shadar Al'Niende
12-16-2009, 08:31 PM
...not trying to be all OMGGIMMIESOUNDCARDNAOOOOOOOOO lol

ok ok so that is soooo my reaction :D

Strydur
12-16-2009, 08:33 PM
I am just waiting for the flux capacitor for my sound card replicator and we will be good to go.

This will take months. I should have a prototype soon but you never know how these things will play out which is why I have not said more.

Shadar Al'Niende
12-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Hahahaha

Does anyone else LOVE that Tim runs this place?

*sits there with his hand up and a silly grin on his face, looking around for others to chime in* :D

Ovlos
12-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Indeed, a most excellent manufacturing system Tim :)

Vos Malek
12-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Hahahaha

*sits there with his hand up and a silly grin on his face, looking around for others to chime in* :D

*waves hand in air frantically and yells*
Me, me, me, me, ME!!!!

Man I love this place!! :)

Blade-Rave
12-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Awesome. When I build a MHS Saber, and we eventually get a TCSS Soundboad, I'll definitely buy one to add some sounds to the saber. :D

Firedrops
12-17-2009, 04:51 AM
definitely becoming THE one-stop shop. i love you tim.(not in that way)

Crystal Chambers
12-17-2009, 05:27 AM
This would be awesome!

It would be amazing if it had a sound card like CF or a selection of sound fonts on board or even just one but you could pick it from a list. I wish they had Pre-soldered wire leads. Soldering is easy but soldering boards scares me. Especially the US 2.5 accent LEDs. I also find the US lock up should be louder. Right in between swing and clash.

I think the most important thing is that it has reliable motion sensors and is easier to keep in stock then the others.

I can totally understand the unforseen complications, good call and good luck.
Go get'm Tim!

Onli-Won Kanomi
12-17-2009, 06:27 AM
Awesome indeed!

A sound selection would indeed be nice but even better if we could load our own sounds...whether onto a card or onboard flash memory like many MP3 players use...having multiple selectable sound banks on SD like CF is great convenience but even if there could only be one set of sounds at a time it would be great if we could customize them to fit our intended design be it SW lightsabers, beam sabers, Halo plasma swords, etc.

Yeah I know I'm transparent...ok I want to be able to add theme music...there I've admitted it...I'm cheesy that way lol.

Ability to run high voltages for tri/quad emitter LEDs or even EL would be nice too.

Seriously though I'm sure whatever features will be great and help make TCSS the 'One Stop Shop' for ALL our saber needs...very best of luck and Godspeed with it Strydur.

Crystal Chambers
12-17-2009, 06:39 AM
I'm sure this is a huge leap but I think it would be super in-freak'n-credible if it was possible to transfer font files by a USB port on a soundcard. Plug your hilt into your pc no taking anything apart.

OK that idea is killer first one to produce it gotta hook me up!

Onli-Won Kanomi
12-17-2009, 08:11 AM
I think I read somewhere that that is not so easy to implement on saber soundboards but whatever Strydur comes up with for a soundboard you know will be great...afterall who knows the saber market better?

xl97
12-17-2009, 08:30 AM
the bottom line is..

most decent/high lever cards would/shold use an external SD card.. becuase they are cheaper.. affordable/practical..and allows for expansion of memory and space..without hardcoding things (liek sound fonts) into a chip.

the usb plug in has been brought up MANY, MANY times before (doubt you'll get plugged for the idea) LOL ;)

You have to realize the CF is 'really' a sophisticated piece of hardware.. and if you expect ANY other outlet for a CF caliber type of board.. (I think you'll be waiting for a long time)..

The CF is Ervs 'baby'..and what he has created has been out of PASSION for his/this hobby.. I doubt you'll get the same type of package from a 'Electronics Consulting Firm'...

and if you do..I doubt it will end up being a resonable price...

ILetting the user select or change the sound fonts of the board is good & bad (depends on who you ask I suppose)..

everyone likes options..and features (no doubt).. but the process cant be 'idiot proofed' a little.. who wants to add more work for themselves, trouble shooting people who 'borked' their boards messing around.

IMHO.. (and many others) is a decent, stable, plentiful board that is a replacement for the MR board standard.

using things like an accelerometer, can lead to legal trouble..

using swing & clash sensors (like in the shop) make things easier, for cost & coding

I dont think you guys have much to worry about.. Tims been in this game a LONG time..

and has been around the block a few times on this SoundCard issue.. things have come..and gone..

rest assured Tim knows what features are desired...integratable without rising price/costs....and things that are just 'fluff' and not needed...

I think 2010 will open the door on a few options...

Alcfalath
12-17-2009, 08:55 AM
Well said XL

grayven
12-17-2009, 09:02 AM
definitely becoming THE one-stop shop. i love you tim.(not in that way)

I second this statement with one exception. I Love Tim even with the restraining order against me.
"Fluff your pillows"

FenderBender
12-17-2009, 09:14 AM
LOL! That would be even funnier if it weren't also so true Gravy........

:)

Strydur
12-17-2009, 09:29 AM
I will say this much.. If/when I get a board done it will have a connector built in for easy wiring. Not only does this make it easier for the customers but it allows me to easily test them as well.

xl97
12-17-2009, 09:38 AM
SEE!? always thinking of you guys.. Tim is! :)

Count Zero
12-17-2009, 11:24 AM
I will say this much.. If/when I get a board done it will have a connector built in for easy wiring. Not only does this make it easier for the customers but it allows me to easily test them as well.

Now that is an awesome idea!

Cantina Chef
12-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Great Scott!!!! just what this site needed!! Tim da man

mihunai
12-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Heck, as long as it beats those SaberSoundcard, count me in :)

Anyway, glad to hear someone's filling the gap.

mTm

yell0w_lantern
12-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Strong work, Tim.

Hasid Lafre
12-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Honestly I love how the driver board you can select current with the dip switch.

If we could combine that with a MR style board, something easy to wire, durable, and IMO a better soundset than the US, and be able to take 11v if one wants to use the 10W leds.

Ok maybe that last one is a bit of a strech, maybe future versions, But I persionally love how the US has the one button power/lockup. I prefer that than a 2 switch setup cause placing that second switch is hard on many sabers and we are not all tactile inclined.

But I still beleave in a MR quality and price range(50-60$) would be the biggest seller.
Eventhough it was a crap board look at how many got a SFSB.

cardcollector
12-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Hahahaha

Both hands raised in a standing ovation!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

can anyone tell me where Tim gets his superpowers??? I'd like to borrow some for a day or two...

Shadar Al'Niende
12-17-2009, 09:55 PM
his flux capacitor...

Shhhhhh ;)

Ovlos
12-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Green Lantern < Superman < Iron Man < Punisher < Batman < Tim

Nuff said :)

DaJoQuim
12-20-2009, 04:39 PM
wow this is exciting!!I love new sound boards.thanks tim!!

Rhyen Skytracker
12-20-2009, 05:07 PM
can anyone tell me where Tim gets his superpowers??? I'd like to borrow some for a day or two...

I just hope no one has any Kryptonite.

yell0w_lantern
12-20-2009, 05:20 PM
I gathered from the GL<Supes<Iron Man<Punisher<Batman<Tim post that it was based more on being a highly trained normal rather than having super powers so Kryptonite will have no effect on Tim.

Of course the sound fonts may invalidate the whole comparison - Tim may indeed have superpowers.

jedimastergarcia87
12-20-2009, 05:24 PM
A soundboard from TCSS? Nice. This will make it alot easier when wanting a soundboard for your sabers. I also hope they sound awesome when completed. Make sure to get a video out when the soundboard is completed, Strydur, so we can see what its like. I will get it for my next hilt. Just saying by the way, all the optics is sold out right now. And you should maybe try and get a RGB led sometime if you wouldn't mind giving them a try, I'd like a purple blade or to be able to use the 3 main colors, that would be cool.

psab keel
12-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Flux Capacitor?

This could be HEAVY!

Delmustator
12-21-2009, 10:42 AM
I personally would like to see Tim team up with Erv and expand the CF line of sound cards. Why reinvent the wheel? Partnerships and collaboration are the buzz words these days.

Invisas1979
12-21-2009, 10:54 AM
I personally would like to see Tim team up with Erv and expand the CF line of sound cards. Why reinvent the wheel? Partnerships and collaboration are the buzz words these days.

As good an idea as that may be I don't think that'd be effective as the boards are far more advanced than the US boards.

It would be better to take over the fabrication of thE US board as they're cheaper to sell and I would think easier by far to put together than a CF. And that's without the programming involved with a CF.

I think lets not second guess Tim, he knows his stuff and the market better than anyone. He'll come up with something that will suite us all.

In Tim we trust....

Kant Lavar
12-21-2009, 11:59 AM
http://reason.com/assets/mc/psuderman/2009_10/greatscott.png

('Nuff said.)

Darth Midian
12-21-2009, 07:09 PM
l think it would be cool if there were two sound cards. a jedi card, which sounds like all the other cards. a nice clean sounding saber. and a sith card, which sounds deeper, the hum maybe a tad bit slower, and just sound raw, nasty, and powerful. just a thought, and thank you tim for putting tcss together and being awesome.

Sunrider
12-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Hmmm "Far more advanced than the US boards" Well I dunno about you guys but that actually sounds good to me! NPI:)

Novastar
12-21-2009, 10:10 PM
I am just waiting for the flux capacitor for my sound card replicator and we will be good to go.But Strydur, how exactly are you to generate the one-point-twenty-one jigawatts to power it? Will you be using something with much "kick"? As in... plutonium? :D

Blade-Rave
12-21-2009, 10:23 PM
O_O

ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT THIS SUCKER (The New Board-To-Be) IS NUCLEAR?!?!?!?!

Now I REALLY want it.... :D

Onli-Won Kanomi
12-22-2009, 06:13 AM
Nah he's planning on using a "Mr. Fusion", lol

Darth Midian
12-22-2009, 07:10 AM
Nah he's planning on using a "Mr. Fusion", lol

that's to funny.

Rb-wan Organus
12-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Love the idea of a new soundboard ... If anyone can design a board that is user friendly and cost efficient it's Tim. Thats what his store is all about. Keep up the great work !!!!

ArkaiHalon
12-23-2009, 07:24 AM
But Strydur, how exactly are you to generate the one-point-twenty-one jigawatts to power it? Will you be using something with much "kick"? As in... plutonium? :D

I think they will run off of Tim's sheer Awesome.

xl97
12-23-2009, 07:43 AM
In that case.. probably need a resistor. :)

Onli-Won Kanomi
12-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Resistor is futile...you doannnt know the powwwer of the Tim-Side

Firedrops
12-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Resistor is futile...you doannnt know the powwwer of the Tim-Side

lol. an elegant board for a more civilized age.

Blade-Rave
12-23-2009, 08:52 PM
*Examines SaberSound*
*Discards Sabersound*

"So Uncivilized..." [/Obi-Wan]

jedimastergarcia87
12-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Now I'm getting really excited about TCSS soundboard. I like the US myself, I got the 2.5 board in my MHS saber. It would be nice if they could take over the US production and then get permission to call it their own thing ya know. But add more sound effects to it.

Jedi-Loreen
12-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Nova Conceptions won't be making anymore lightsaber sound boards, so nobody is going to "take over" production of the UltraSound.

I'm sure Tim's getting his own board done, since he said he should have a prototype soon.

Don't expect these to be ready too soon. After the prototype comes testing, fixing bugs, making changes till a final product version is approved before it goes into production. This process will take months.

Of course this won't be a CF. Tim knows the niche that needs to be filled, and what we'd like to see in a new sound board, but I'm sure he also wants to keep it practical, user friendly and affordable and those 3 things might not all be compatible with everything that people say they want.

Whatever it ends up being, I'm sure it'll be awesome. :D

Onli-Won Kanomi
12-24-2009, 04:31 PM
"Take" over no, but just because Nova Conceptions won't make them does that necessarily mean there will be no more Ultrasounds? Perhaps Ultra will take the design to another manufacturer to produce...assuming that Ultrasabers and not Novaconceptions retains the rights to the design that is. Has Ultra himself said anywhere whether or not he intends to continue Ultrasound development/production in the future?

yell0w_lantern
12-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Yeah, what's up with Nova Conceptions?

At any rate, I'll be interested to see what Tim comes up with whether iy be one board or a couple different models...

Rb-wan Organus
12-28-2009, 09:11 AM
i will say this much.. If/when i get a board done it will have a connector built in for easy wiring. Not only does this make it easier for the customers but it allows me to easily test them as well.

awesome, awesome, awesome !!!!!!

psab keel
12-29-2009, 11:50 PM
Maybe in 1985 you can walk into any corner drugstore and buy plutonium, but here in 1955 it's a little hard to come by.

And where are you from, futureboy?

kurtsea
12-30-2009, 03:40 PM
I wish there was a cheap sound board besides the economy boards:-(

Kant Lavar
12-30-2009, 09:53 PM
"And if wishes were fishes, Mon Cals would be giving all the orders at New Republic HQ." - Wedge Antilles

Don't get me wrong, I'd kill for a sound board on the level of an UltraSound for an economy board price. But, as with all things in this life, you get what you pay for. Personally, my hopes are for something on the level of UltraSound; something to take up the slack between MR boards and Crystal Focus. Though what I think Tim is aiming for - namely a sound board to go with his LED driver - is also an interesting course to take.

Blue Fox
12-30-2009, 11:31 PM
well, what about a modular system? sort of like some car alarm systems where you have to buy an additional piece in order to get around some import car's immobilizer system. you could have a sound unit that you buy Jedi or sith, then add unit A for a Lux type saber, unit B for a string system.

Just an idea, please don't kill me.

Count Malik
12-31-2009, 01:13 AM
i like that idea Blue... however, idk how that would work out with the different parts that may be requierd to make this possible lol. but still its a good idea:D

Sunrider
12-31-2009, 06:00 AM
Yeah, sweet idea. I wish I had thought of that.;)

Darth Xusia
12-31-2009, 06:48 PM
I can't wait:D

xl97
12-31-2009, 07:36 PM
I hear its gonna have x-ray vision too! WOOT!

Strydur
12-31-2009, 08:20 PM
LOL...

At this point in time it will work basically the same as the UltraSound.

That is not to say I wont develop more than one board.

Shadar Al'Niende
12-31-2009, 09:11 PM
you are so my favorite person right now... just don't tell the wife haha

Dakarn
12-31-2009, 10:25 PM
LOL...

That is not to say I wont develop more than one board.

That deserves a New Year cheer!

Can't wait to see it and purchase one, looks like its the board for my 2nd built saber, a few months hence.

Blade-Rave
01-01-2010, 02:15 AM
I'm aiming to build a MHS Saber of my own, so a soundboard like this would be perfect for it. :)

Vos Malek
01-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Man, I cannot wait to get my hands on one of these boards! Tim, you are the man!

yell0w_lantern
01-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Good to hear, Tim. I'm anticipating the project with much delight. I may even have finished my current builds by the time the new board is on sale.

Onli-Won Kanomi
01-01-2010, 01:45 PM
This news is a great New Year present for us and foretells a very bright new year indeed for TCSS. :-)

Count Malik
01-03-2010, 02:06 AM
must get.... for new "secret" saber project!!! haha:cool: and i must agree Tim you are the man! lol

Silent_Jedi
01-03-2010, 07:11 AM
Hrmm..if Tim is making the boards, does this mean he could make sleds for it too? Maybe put holes for nylon screws to go through to hold the board? That'd be a nice addition! Zipties only go so far on my sleds :P

jedimastergarcia87
01-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Get this soundboiard out soon kthnx. XD It will be much easier to get soundboards then whenever you get them done, especially for my bros saber i'm getting him soon. Then I will get me another MHS hilt and get a soundboard for mine. You should try for the force push, lightening, and laser block effects if possible but still make it to where it can be single switch operation. It would be good too for the fans that likes them sound effects if the CF isn't available.

Dean guitars were meant to rock hard!

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

Jedi-Loreen
01-03-2010, 01:26 PM
LOL...

It's not going to have all the type of sound effects like you could get with a CF. :rolleyes:

Darthcestus
01-07-2010, 11:58 PM
is patience a virtue? yes. does that mean it mean i will be patient, no. its goona be cool

Blade-Rave
01-08-2010, 01:40 AM
if anything, I hope it has the same powerup/powerdown sounds from Luke's saber in ROTJ (the movie sounds, not the MR Sounds). Even if any other sounds end up being generic, the powerup sound that's used by the Ultrasound and "some" Crystal Focus (should you choose a sound font with that sound inparticular) boards, that powerup sound alone would make me wanna buy one of the new boards as soon as it came out, even if I don't have my MHS saber built by than.

Swordlord
01-08-2010, 09:06 AM
It's not going to have all the type of sound effects like you could get with a CF. :rolleyes:

At least, not yet ...
:twisted:

Lord Maul
01-08-2010, 04:02 PM
No, it probably will never have them. Tim respects Erv's niche in the hobby. We are not out to slit each others throats.

Rb-wan Organus
01-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Blade-Rave .... I agree the Luke ROTJ power up and down is AWESOME. Sounds very aggressive. Can't wait to see what Tim comes up with.

Dakarn
01-09-2010, 08:33 AM
No, it probably will never have them. Tim respects Erv's niche in the hobby. We are not out to slit each others throats.

I agree but its not out of the question that its possible to have both Jedi and Sith on the same board and widen the sound options a bit without even getting close to the flexibility of a CF.

Crystal Chambers
01-09-2010, 09:13 AM
jedi and sith sounds would be awesome...either as a board option like MR or selectable in menu. mounting holes and sled for MHS would be awesome! And I'd imagine it to be a realistic goal.

I could care less about force push. That sound never made sense to me. Especially from the saber...maybe a glove or something

astromech_kuhns
01-09-2010, 11:51 AM
i eagerly await and am saving to pick one up when they come out.

Onli-Won Kanomi
01-09-2010, 03:09 PM
I hope that whatever board design Strydur comes up with will be available with the same or similarly compact combination speaker mt/soundboard/battery holder that the US 2.x was...that setup is very space efficient and opens up creative possibilities for hilt designs.

Invisas1979
01-10-2010, 02:21 AM
I think at this point if the board Tim is coming up with is as good as the US then were all smiles as were loosing the US boards. Anything else is possible for the future but for now we should be happy with a regularly available board.

I also don't think we need all the functionality of a CF. CF is a once a year board which is monumentally awesome. Imagin if we all had a CF or CF equivilent, we'd not have that feeling about the boards and they'd cease being special.

In regards to Sith and Jedi sounds. I have both MR boards and now a US board. For me the US board has the aggressive ignition I like and a nice mix of sith and jedi humm. Perfect for the sabers they're in but for specific sabers it would be good to have a choice between the three.

Tim and Nova might be able to answer this. How awkward would it actually be to have different batches of boards with the individual sounds on them. And I don't mean changable, but like the MR boards. Sith, Jedi and a Mix (like the US 2.5))????

yell0w_lantern
01-10-2010, 08:21 AM
I don't think it would be unreasonable for the TCSS board to be similar to the Hasbro boards. Tim has a current regulator for sale already - why build one into the sound board too? A readily available good quality sound board is the niche to be filled and that coul be be by toast, buttered toast or plain old bread.

Rhyen Skytracker
01-10-2010, 09:10 AM
It would be nice to have the driver and sound board in one card instead of having to worry about mounting 2 different boards.

Sunrider
01-10-2010, 10:38 AM
I agree, the batteries are the part that we are forced to work around & the shape the best ones are now leaves us with a space for board on the side of the pack. The stacked board layout is the preferred method in most micro electronics setups but we need to fit as much battery as possible into our hilts as the leds use more & more power.;)

cardcollector
01-10-2010, 12:43 PM
i know everyone has different expectations...:rolleyes:
I say this-

Something is better than nothing!:cool:

Onli-Won Kanomi
01-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Whatever Strydur comes up with will be based on his accumulated wisdom seeing this hobby grow through TCSS and he surely knows this market as well as anyone and what will serve it...a TCSS soundboard will make TCSS a "one stop shop" and will be very welcome.

Hasid Lafre
02-05-2010, 01:10 AM
http://ldopa.net/wp-content/uploads/TheUltimateShowdown.swf

J ust toss tim in there somewhere :D

Ironphoenix
02-05-2010, 01:54 AM
I have a hobby of collecting hobbies and sabersmithing is, by far, the most rewarding. With the potential TCSS soundboard to look forward to, I'll be sticking with this one. Thanks Tim!

Novastar
02-05-2010, 02:34 AM
...Tim and Nova might be able to answer this. How awkward would it actually be to have different batches of boards with the individual sounds on them. And I don't mean changable, but like the MR boards. Sith, Jedi and a Mix (like the US 2.5))????I missed this... sorry... let's see:

* It depends on how the board is made
* At the firmware level, it really isn't "hard" to program in differing sounds
* It WOULD change the "run" of boards, so... if Tim had them made--either way, SOMEwhere along the line, a change like this would (likely) cost him a bit more
* My GUESS is... it shouldn't be significant.

Best guess. :)

Invisas1979
02-05-2010, 06:40 AM
I missed this... sorry... let's see:

* It depends on how the board is made
* At the firmware level, it really isn't "hard" to program in differing sounds
* It WOULD change the "run" of boards, so... if Tim had them made--either way, SOMEwhere along the line, a change like this would (likely) cost him a bit more
* My GUESS is... it shouldn't be significant.

Best guess. :)

Fair enough. For me, if the general cost of the board was slightly above what it might be marketed at to accomodate costs involved in having different sounding boards I'd be cool with that.

I still really like the differing sounds and tailoring that to a saber.

Crystal Chambers
02-05-2010, 06:49 AM
I think the ideal thing...is if you could adjust the tone, texture or what not to make your own sounds like how US had sensitivity and pulse adjustable. Like 3 adjustments. This way one board could be adjusted by the user to get a variety of sounds in one board. Not sure if this is realistic for any board even but I think it would be the next best thing to CF with out giving it any competition. It definitely would out do the US though.

Invisas1979
02-05-2010, 08:23 AM
I think the ideal thing...is if you could adjust the tone, texture or what not to make your own sounds like how US had sensitivity and pulse adjustable. Like 3 adjustments. This way one board could be adjusted by the user to get a variety of sounds in one board. Not sure if this is realistic for any board even but I think it would be the next best thing to CF with out giving it any competition. It definitely would out do the US though.

That's basically like having a switch for different sound fonts, which would still be in competition with a CF.

Plus I don't know how feasible a mixable font would be.

FenderBender
02-05-2010, 09:52 AM
I think CC was referring to having like "tone" pots or something (maybe digital) so you could give more bass trebel or mid range to the font, thus altering the way it sounds somewhat and also being able to tailor it to the hilt. This could be possible, though doubtful, as I don't know if the audio amps that are commonly used for these types of apps would allow for that type of manipulation. If it were feasable, I don't see it as the same thing as a selectable font (ideal situation anyway) and definately don't see it as in direct competition with the CF (even IF it had two fonts).

Crystal Chambers
02-05-2010, 10:14 AM
I think CC was referring to having like "tone" pots or something (maybe digital) so you could give more bass trebel or mid range to the font, thus altering the way it sounds somewhat and also being able to tailor it to the hilt. This could be possible, though doubtful, as I don't know if the audio amps that are commonly used for these types of apps would allow for that type of manipulation. If it were feasable, I don't see it as the same thing as a selectable font (ideal situation anyway) and definately don't see it as in direct competition with the CF (even IF it had two fonts).

Totally like resonance and cutoff kinda thing...one font with say 3 ways to adjust on a scale of 1-3 or 1-5

I'd imagine ...growl to hum...low to high.....clean to hiss.
Just as a quick example

pandatrooper
02-05-2010, 11:32 AM
I know it's not the exact same thing, but the guy that develops Rom FX for Stormtrooper / Vader voice changer boxes is coming out with a board that allows you to adjust tone / pitch, "mechanical-ness", etc.. That way, even if you don't have a low pitched voice, you could tune the board / amp to sound deeper, more like Vader, etc..

So at least we know it's technically possible to allow the user to tune the sound to their liking.

Onli-Won Kanomi
02-05-2010, 12:25 PM
I know it's not the exact same thing, but the guy that develops Rom FX for Stormtrooper / Vader voice changer boxes is coming out with a board that allows you to adjust tone / pitch, "mechanical-ness", etc.. That way, even if you don't have a low pitched voice, you could tune the board / amp to sound deeper, more like Vader, etc..

So at least we know it's technically possible to allow the user to tune the sound to their liking.

Yeah but a Vader costume has 3 large boxes to fit electronics for fancy sound manipulation in...a saber hilt has a lot less space

pandatrooper
02-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Yeah but a Vader costume has 3 large boxes to fit electronics for fancy sound manipulation in...a saber hilt has a lot less space

Point taken. But I wasn't thinking that it would be a "drag and drop solution", I was just thinking that the technology exists, and that perhaps the tunability option could be there on saber version soundboards.

Again, not saying that we would actually use "this particular" board - but you can see it's pretty small (it can be installed in Trooper / Vader helmets, along with chest boxes or anywhere else you could fit it).

http://www.yourmovecreep.co.uk/romfx/newsite/rfxpic6.jpg

Invisas1979
03-14-2010, 05:20 AM
Anyone have an idea how close we are to having a TCSS sound card???

Tim?

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
03-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Whoa. Flashback to family trips when I was a kid.

Me and my sister in the back seat: "Are we there yet?"

My father at the wheel: "WE'LL GET THERE WHEN WE GET THERE!"

LOL! ;-)

strengthofrage
03-14-2010, 02:55 PM
..."But when??? When will we be there???"

lol ;)

Patience is often a 4 letter word :)

Jedi-Loreen
03-14-2010, 03:14 PM
No it isn't. :???:

Oh, wait, I see what you mean now. ;)

Strydur
03-15-2010, 08:48 AM
There will be no updates until I have something solid to post..

Skottsaber
03-21-2010, 05:15 AM
Well when you do, please post it to me!

(*For you americans, post is the European way of saying Mail:p)

monsterenergymixxd8
01-17-2011, 08:44 PM
when it's for sale it would be sweet if there was a video to show the soundfont on your youtube page. just saying.