PDA

View Full Version : Flush mounted Anti-Vandal....que?

MakillaGorilla
12-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Hey everybody, I have to ask the big honkin' question that's been plaguing me for sometime now. How do you go about flush mounting a Anti-Vandal switch?

I've seen plenty of people do it (Do-Clo loves it) but I don't know how to obtain this look. Anybody know how or care to share?

infa008
12-14-2009, 05:37 PM
if you have the material to remove, then you can counterbore or mill the hole deeper so it mounts flush, otherwise you would probably have to mount it in a chasis from the inside.

hope this helps

Sunrider
12-14-2009, 05:57 PM
You are not the first to ask this question. I think this is one of those jedi secrets. From what little I have seen from these switches it looks like you can trim the terminals down & solder wires to the nubs. It would be cool if there were miniature versions of these.:cool:

Jedi-Loreen
12-14-2009, 06:23 PM
I hope you just mean shorter. You have to press the button in pretty far to get the switch to activate, at least with the latching ones. Your finger actually has to go into the cylinder of the switch.

Shadar Al'Niende
12-16-2009, 05:27 PM
To flush mount an AV you wont be using the ones tim sells and HMS parts, they are simply to large (unless i am mistaken) You would need to use a shorter version sold in a secret dungeon overseas...ask Fender who you have to kil- i mean, what you have to do...to get one ;)

Jay-gon Jinn
12-16-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm sure this one could be flush mounted just fine, with the right countersinking bit:
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Assets/ProductImages/switch19.jpg

Shadar Al'Niende
12-16-2009, 06:17 PM
*smacks head*

Of course!

I was only thinking the lighted AV's..... :oops:

Triskale Dagin
12-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Tim did a great job countersinking a hole for an illuminated AV switch for me in an MHS gear. It looks great and I love it. The fit inside is very close though, you would have to be careful of the switch depth inside if you did it in another MHS part.

FenderBender
12-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Yup, the latching ones wont work in a standard MHS secton without a mounting ring/box. The momentary ones are shorter and can be countersunk with the correct equipment (a good drill press or mill, and a 23/32 endmill). The lighted ones I use are as short as the one Jay posted above and I import them, through a language barrier we negotiated the company to sell us small (relatively speaking) quantites and the shipping is outrageously expensive. I have no link to give you, but we are working on a way to get Tim in on it, so stay tuned.

cannibal869
12-22-2009, 03:35 PM
I sort of did this on the saber in my sig - it's possible with the lighted anti-vandal switches if you bend the soldering "legs", but is *is* pretty tight in there.

xl97
12-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Yup, the latching ones wont work in a standard MHS secton without a mounting ring/box. The momentary ones are shorter and can be countersunk with the correct equipment (a good drill press or mill, and a 23/32 endmill). The lighted ones I use are as short as the one Jay posted above and I import them, through a language barrier we negotiated the company to sell us small (relatively speaking) quantites and the shipping is outrageously expensive. I have no link to give you, but we are working on a way to get Tim in on it, so stay tuned.

FB-

if its in China.. you can always contact me.. I got a 'connection'..
got me all those 'other' parts everyone got. :)