PDA

View Full Version : youngling status achieved...maybe?

HepatitvsJ
12-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Hey all. I finally figured out how to work photobucket and get the pic into 800 range for uploading. nothing special about this saber other than it's my first...and you always remember your first. ;)

I used LDM's awesome tutorial (thanks LDM) and I was surprised when I had NO problems doing any of this...everything worked first time and no resoldering, etc needed...although from reading these boards I'm sure this is a fluke and reality will kick me sqaure in the beans when I try rhyen skytrackers cheapo hasbro sound tutorial this week. lol

I look forward to getting to know all of you as I continue on my sabre (yes sabre) building journey.

J

Jedi-Loreen
12-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Yay for reading! Nice first saber. :cool:

HepatitvsJ
12-14-2009, 12:59 AM
Thanks J-Lo I appreciate the comment. I'm going to use this sabre as a test bed for all the stuff I want to do...sound, powdercoating, stunt fighting, etc.

I'm working on my Sith sabre idea now...still fooling around with how I want it to look. When I decide I will purchase it along with the parts for the jedi sabre idea I have...if strydur ever gets the mara jade grips back in stock...i'm gonna need two of 'em...only problem of the jedi sabre is where to put the button, covertec clip and eventually a CF board (dreaming I know...but hopefully by the time I can get ahold of one I will know what 7.4 li ion 186500, and whatever other terms you guys throw around with impunity actually means. :D

Jedi-Loreen
12-14-2009, 01:08 AM
I like fact that you are starting off very basic and working your way up to more features and complexity as your knowledge base and skill levels increase. That's the way it should be done, in my opinion.

Invisas1979
12-14-2009, 11:59 AM
I used LDM's awesome tutorial (thanks LDM) and I was surprised when I had NO problems doing any of this...everything worked first time and no resoldering, etc needed...although from reading these boards I'm sure this is a fluke and reality will kick me sqaure in the beans when I try rhyen skytrackers cheapo hasbro sound tutorial this week.

J

Don't too surprised you had no issues, sounds like you read the right material and followed the instructions really well.

The tutorials here are second to NONE. And the help and advice from the olde guard invaluable.

Good luck, can't wait to see more sabers.

P.S time, planning and patience are your best friends.

HepatitvsJ
12-14-2009, 12:28 PM
planning and patience are your best friends? crap! I'm screwed then. lol

Rhyen Skytracker
12-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Yep, me and patience are not on too good of terms either. lol Great first saber. Feel free to ask any questions. Keep reading, this story does have a happy ending. lol

Kal El Rah
12-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Very nice 1st saber, you did a great job.:D:cool:;)