PDA

View Full Version : SaberSound Question

Rafalema
12-12-2009, 08:02 AM
Hello,

Im going to order SaberSound soundboard. There are mainly 3 reasons for this, which are:
1. Crystal Focus boards are hard to get
2. US 2.5 are never stock again
3. I don't trust anyone enough to order an MR board

So, here's my two questions:
1. What do you think of SaberSound 1.0?
2. Do I need a resistor with the Lux III?

Thank you

Darth Zion
12-12-2009, 08:15 AM
Make sure you have done alot of reading on these forums about the sabersound soundboard befor you decide. It is not as great as I thought it was going to be. It is nice, but. Yes you do need a resistor for a lux 3. I would recomend useing a buckpuck. This board does NOT regulate power to the led. Also you must must must have atleast 6v to run the board or it will do some crazy things. here is a link to another topic that we cover alot of the problems. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=9557 I hope this helps. Another thing it seems that Saberforge is alittle hard to get ahold of sometimes, so keep that in mind if you have a time table you are going for.

Rafalema
12-12-2009, 08:29 AM
As more as I read, more I don't like that board. I would be using 4 AA setup, would that power it correctly so no that stupid bug?

Hmm

Shadar Al'Niende
12-12-2009, 08:30 AM
that would be 6V so yes, i would reccomend trying to find a broken fx board on ebay or something. At the very least, just go get a cheap force action saber on Amazon or your local store and use the board. $15 and from what i hear, more reliable :rolleyes:

Rafalema
12-12-2009, 08:31 AM
that would be 6V so yes, i would reccomend trying to find a broken fx board on ebay or something. At the very least, just go get a cheap force action saber on Amazon or your local store and use the board. $15 and from what i hear, more reliable :rolleyes:

I have one of those cheapy hasbro's, but I hate the sound of it.

Why should I buy broken FX board?

I just went to ebay and searched for all kinds of soundboards but nothing found

EDIT: I found one on ebay, but the way I see it, seller ships only in US.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-MR-FX-Sound-Board-Custom-Lightsaber-Force-NR_W0QQitemZ320458191925QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Defa ultDomain_0?hash=item4a9ccbf435

Do-Clo
12-12-2009, 08:44 AM
He was referring to a broken fx saber that the blade is damaged but the sound still works.

Darth Zion
12-12-2009, 09:28 AM
I will admit that the sound is better then the hasbro. I just wish things would have gone a little different with my experience. But it is a part of the learnig process.

astromech_kuhns
12-12-2009, 12:35 PM

what do you mean you dont trust any one enough? that they will ship it to you? that you will really get a MR board? that the tutorials on here are accurate and wont ruin it?

beggarsoutpost
12-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Hello,

Im going to order SaberSound soundboard. There are mainly 3 reasons for this, which are:
1. Crystal Focus boards are hard to get
2. US 2.5 are never stock again

So, here's my two questions:
1. What do you think of SaberSound 1.0?
2. Do I need a resistor with the Lux III?

Thank you

I would buy a new FX-Saber either Hasbro or MR and gut it for the board before I'd buy a SaberSound....

Rafalema
12-12-2009, 12:49 PM
I don't trust that they will ship 'em to me.

cardcollector
12-12-2009, 12:49 PM
I would buy a new FX-Saber either Hasbro or MR and gut it for the board before I'd buy a SaberSound....

AND if you use the new LED driver you've got something that is competeing against a US 2.5 IMO.:cool:

$tarkiller
12-12-2009, 02:12 PM

What is the difference between someone here and say, Erv? He is a person, and peopleflock to get his stuff, and he ships.

$tarkiller
12-12-2009, 02:13 PM

What is the difference between someone here and say, Erv? He is a person, and people flock to get his stuff, and he ships.

xl97
12-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Does Erv have a reputation for crummy customer service though???

pandatrooper
12-12-2009, 06:03 PM
If you use AA or AAA you may end up with a bug where the swoosh sound skips and repeats. You'll need 6V consistently.

I got one of his boards and I'm converting it to use Trustfire li-ions instead, see if it improves things.

Darth Zion
12-12-2009, 06:11 PM
If you use AA or AAA you may end up with a bug where the swoosh sound skips and repeats. You'll need 6V consistently.

I got one of his boards and I'm converting it to use Trustfire li-ions instead, see if it improves things.

I am in the same boat. I hope it goes well. I am makeing a sinktube ani ep 3 to put it in.