PDA

View Full Version : hi all i have some questions

kitrandy
12-11-2009, 11:10 AM
do you hear about seller saberforge? is he a good seller?i used paypal to bought a saber but he no feedback to me.I am afraid of not receiving goods,because my english is not very good,i am come form hong kong.

Do-Clo
12-11-2009, 06:59 PM
do you hear about seller saberforge? is he a good seller?i used paypal to bought a saber but he no feedback to me.I am afraid of not receiving goods,because my english is not very good,i am come form hong kong.

His customer service is very poor.

Jedi-Loreen
12-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Yes, that's true.

No matter where you are located, or how good your English is.

$tarkiller
12-12-2009, 02:27 PM
I hear his boards are less then par.

pandatrooper
12-12-2009, 06:23 PM
The quality of the hilt is good in terms of looks / machining. If you just want something nice to display, play / stunt, it's will serve it's purpose.

If you plan to modify, build more, add sound, take your design further - it may not be the best platform to work with.

Based on some experiences he has had bad customer service, but he has replied to me when I have asked him questions.

You should decide what you want to do / achieve with your saber before making a purchase, and try to research on here as well. It may save you lots of headaches!

Jedi-Loreen
12-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Actually, the quality of the machining isn't that great. Tool chatter marks, pieces fitting loosely and not secured well. When he paints parts, they remain sticky.

You might want to read through his feedback thread at FX-Sabers. He's not allowed to sell there anymore right now till he gets some of his bad feedback taken care of.

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13062.0 (http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13062.0)

B5813
12-13-2009, 12:03 PM
I bought a hilt from him once. No electronics installed. I loved the design but what I liked least was that the pieces are fit together using very small set screws and they were only mounted on one side of the circumference. The blade holder was in two pieces with the emitter ring not actually secured at all to the blade holder. It had a very "loose" feeling. I did spend some time drilling/tapping for button head screws to make the connections solid. The saber came to me saying that it would accomodate a 1" blade. The blade holder inner diameter was slightly less than 1" so I had to spend time shaving down the remaining material. Also, I had to put some time into putting a shine on the hilt. It was rather dull aluminum when received with no finish to it. I think this guy has skills but his attention to the fine, functional detail is lacking.

kitrandy
12-14-2009, 11:56 AM
I asked paypal complaints, I think had been cheated.

kitrandy
12-15-2009, 11:12 AM
I asked paypal complaints, I think had been cheated.

Jedi-Loreen
12-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Maybe your Paypal dispute will be a wake up call for him.