PDA

View Full Version : anyone here need to lose some weight?

a fearsome grue
12-01-2009, 07:33 AM
I know I'm not the most respected member of the forum and I could use a 10,000 mg chill pill at times. Doesn't mean I'm not a decent person.

Just hoping that we could start a CSS fit club or the biggest loser - SW edition to see who can lose the most weight by 2011.

I'd love for you/us to try.

Or if you're not into weight loss, you might be able to participate by quitting smoking or something else like that.

Rhyen Skytracker
12-01-2009, 08:20 AM
I need to lose about 40 lbs, so count me in.

a fearsome grue
12-01-2009, 08:46 AM
so maybe at the start of the new year, we can start?

Rhyen Skytracker
12-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Sounds like a plan.

$tarkiller
12-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Generally I lose about 20-30 pounds a month.

Jedi-Loreen
12-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Oh, shut up. :p

Not everyone has to maintain a certain weight, or be in the same kind of shape as you probably do, either, considering the sport you compete in.

astromech_kuhns
12-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Generally I lose about 20-30 pounds a month.

what routine do you use? i need to lose the same for about 3 months. JK not that much but it would be decent.

im sure this cookie im eating right now isnt helping............................ but hey, maybe! :D:D

tullfan81
12-01-2009, 08:30 PM
I'm in...I've lost just over 80lbs since Feb. I plan on continuing the trend...

DJMoonbass
12-01-2009, 08:34 PM
i could use a shave of at least 20lbs. next trimester is TWO PEs in a row. weight lifting then activities. that should be fun. just hope they dont make me run the mile TWICE.

Lan-Ja Hamil
12-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Count me in! I want to put together a Jedi costume for next Halloween and could stand to lose a few dozen pounds. Plus I'm in culinary school so I should be able to feed myself healthier food.

$tarkiller
12-02-2009, 12:38 AM
what routine do you use? i need to lose the same for about 3 months. JK not that much but it would be decent.

im sure this cookie im eating right now isnt helping............................ but hey, maybe! :D:D
Well generally I cut weight for a fight, then gain it all back the day before and after. Weigh ins are the day before the fight in the morning time. But my techniques are healthy and solid diet, responsible eating habits and a week before the fight for an hour a day, get in the sauna with 2 sweatsuits and ride a stationary bike. Drimnk a gallon of water beforehand too so you have more to sweat out.

a fearsome grue
12-02-2009, 07:03 AM
Count me in! I want to put together a Jedi costume for next Halloween and could stand to lose a few dozen pounds. Plus I'm in culinary school so I should be able to feed myself healthier food.

yeah, I'd like to reward myself for losing the weight by getting a deluxe Stormtrooper armor costume.

BTW, anyone know if this is accurate enough to be allowed entry into the 501st?
http://www.costumejunkie.com/replica.html

Novastar
12-02-2009, 11:14 AM
I actually just started (Dec 1st) a simple "duties/chores of exercise" plan of:

* At least 3 x 10 pushups /day
* At least 3 x 25 situps or crunches /day
* At least 3 x 10 bicep and/or tricep curls with weights /day
* At least 3 x 10 shoulder and/or miscellaneous exercises with weights
* MAJOR THING: stay consistent. Stay CONSISTENT!
* When my ankle (and left thigh/hip area!) gets better... tricking + fencing (I hope)

I say that everyone could commit to doing such things (minus the tricking/fencing). Start small if you like!!!--do 1 x 10 or even 1 x 5 instead. It may sound silly... but:

~ What good is it if you "think doing 5 pushups is silly"... if you won't even do 10/day CONSISTENTLY?!? None. Do 5 consistently. Even ONE consistently is better than 10 every now and then.

~ Why burn out in a day or two? Let your muscles get USED to the "new regimen"... or the new "regime", lol.

No one needs to "trick" or fence... but what's wrong with a consistent exercise pattern?