http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/lightsabers/mara_jade/MJadesaber012.jpg

http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/lightsabers/mara_jade/MJadesaber011.jpg

I was thinking it would be:

Pommel 7,
Main Body 2,
blade holder 15 and
4" double female grooved extension
Plus a male connector

I'm not at all sure about the other parts needed. I have two other Custom Sabers but they weren't meant to be replicas of anything. I have the blades but I'm looking for some really bright electronics for this one as my last two aren't.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

cardcollector
11-30-2009, 11:38 AM
I would use the MHS gear piece for the grips near the emmitter.

You will also need to make/modify a clamp for the accent LED section.

What soundboard will you be using? I reccomend an US 2.5.
AS for brightness, what LED did you use before? Lux III's are pretty bright. US 2.5's will support Lux V's however...

Looks like you've got a good head start! can't wait to see some updates.

DJMoonbass
11-30-2009, 11:49 AM
yeah thats NOT what you want lol. heres what i would do. like i know exactly.

first yes i would go with your pommel. then the four inch double femal grooved. then i would be talking to tim about a custom groved 4 inch extension. like your main hilt but WAY shorter. dude that would be a funky looking saber.

then commision tim to do a custom blade holder that will better resemble your mara saber. then up top i would get some t grips and cut them to wrap around. make a section saved for a thumb screw, switch bezel and then a standard button head screw.

then you will want to make a sort of short sleeve and have it grooved. again contact tim and im sure for a price he could help you out. after all TCSS does have sleeve material it would just take some machine work. and fashon a small box to go on. get like a TCSS one maybe saw it off and sand it and put two LEDs in it. and i would put a switch in there to.

then at the bottom put a brass thumb screw in one of the holes. you will have to grind down that screw though big time. then use a finer wheel to get the burs off so you can screw it in no problem and not interfere with the threads.

the attachment is the quickest repsentation i could get using saber builder v1.0 (when will they update that thing?)

$tarkiller
11-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Not too sure why you put a choke on the render when it does not really have one in the picture he provided. He does not need a custom BH though.... also, not sure if you have looked in the store recently, but Tim HAS a section that is grooved already and has screw holes drilled and tapped. I agree with the T-grip and box idea though. Good call deej.

acerocket
11-30-2009, 12:26 PM
...then commision tim to do a custom blade holder that will better resemble your mara saber. then up top i would get some t grips and cut them to wrap around. make a section saved for a thumb screw, switch bezel and then a standard button head screw...

Why would he need to have a custom emitter made? Just use the Holder 15 and add the t-grip material.
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Assets/ProductImages/191_9117.JPG

FenderBender
11-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Agreed with Ace'. We have done a mock up of this saber with all MHS already and there is everything you need in the store now.

FANGS
12-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Thank you for the tips everyone.

Jay-gon Jinn
12-01-2009, 12:41 PM
first yes i would go with your pommel. then the four inch double femal grooved. then i would be talking to tim about a custom groved 4 inch extension. like your main hilt but WAY shorter. dude that would be a funky looking saber.

then commision tim to do a custom blade holder that will better resemble your mara saber.

Tim also doesn't do custom parts anymore...he will only customize the parts found in the store already.

DJMoonbass
12-01-2009, 08:57 PM
bummer. well anyway i was just pointing out and using the choke as sort of a mock up because the mara has a small chamfer beneith the blade holder. you see that? then theres the ring there and it looks like the box goes on there.

edit. and btw. tim does NOT have the extension i was talking about. he has the mara grips yes and the blade holder. the only thing he has thats close: is the ribbed extension. he needs an extension that has the ring like grooves in them. i gues tim can do that.

just curious how come that blade holder is more expensive then the others?

Jedi-Loreen
12-01-2009, 10:22 PM
just curious how come that blade holder is more expensive then the others?
It's not. Look at #5 and #6.

grayven
12-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Here is the start. All TCSS parts

MHS sleev1
Hilt style 2 turned around (switch hole under MHS sleev1)
blade holder style 5
MPS2

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c156/robodragonsdf1/StarWars/SaberBuilder_render.png

Here is mine

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c156/robodragonsdf1/StarWars/012-1.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c156/robodragonsdf1/StarWars/014.jpg

I cut out a half moon piece of a 3" Double female threaded connector and mounted a half of a Activation box style 2. I used t grip pieces on the BH. To get the extra rings that go around the hilt where the BH connects I would suggest using a pipe cutter.

Not that hard to do really.

xl97
12-02-2009, 06:23 AM
saber builder v1.0 (when will they update that thing?)

whats missing?

what is you'd like see added?

have you made any renders follow the tutorials and sent to them to be added?

have you talked to ANYONE about getting anything new added?

Have you done ANYTHING pro-active.. except complain? :rolleyes:

FANGS
12-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Thank you grayven...that's exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated!

xl97
12-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Looks good Gravy!.. (BTW)

the MJ is one of my Uni's....

I always comtemplate buying the kit I see on Ebay!..

dj2rbo
10-14-2010, 09:27 AM
Hi. Sorry for the resurection of an old thread but I think I have a valid question. When I ask Tim to costumize me the double female extension for the center of the body, what length would be the best double female extension to use? I cant find specs on the matter. Also how much apart should the five grooves be on the double female extension? After this I plan on buying blade holder 15. I already have the slotted grip section on the bottom. Anyway please help me out on this matter. Thanks.

Jester
10-16-2010, 03:19 PM
whats missing?

what is you'd like see added?

have you made any renders follow the tutorials and sent to them to be added?

have you talked to ANYONE about getting anything new added?

Have you done ANYTHING pro-active.. except complain? :rolleyes:

I have, and have givin it a go at making renders but being down to one eye and funky vision in the other eye do to fighting for my country I just cant seem to get things to come out very well. But I have made a list in the right thread.