PDA

View Full Version : US 2.5 Question :D

Rafalema
11-29-2009, 04:55 AM
Hello everybody, I'll propably order US 2.5 as a sound card, so, heres some Questions:
1. Do I need to buy the clash and motion sensors or are they in the board?
2. Is it good?

Invisas1979
11-29-2009, 05:14 AM
Not got one yet, but in answer.

They are on the board and more sensative that those in a MR set up.

Yes they are good, only the CF boards are better and CF's are rearer than rocking horse poo.

Rafalema
11-29-2009, 05:25 AM
Not got one yet, but in answer.

They are on the board and more sensative that those in a MR set up.

Yes they are good, only the CF boards are better and CF's are rearer than rocking horse poo.

Where did you order yours? UltraSabers? Is ultrasabers good place to order one US 2.5?

Invisas1979
11-29-2009, 05:32 AM
As it wasn't TCSS (as they'd run out at the time) I can't really say, that'd be soliciting and we don't do that on Tims forum.

I've just checked and Tim has some back in stock, i'd order now. The dollars to euro makes getting stuff from Tim good value at the moment, even with shipping and possible tax.

Bit busy for saber building at the mo, so I'm having some work done in the UK by a saber smith here, he's getting them put in a saber for me.

Also, I'd get the speaker batt combo, it will save on space. Get an momentary illumi AV switch, switch bezel, some quick disconnects (4 at least). Two trustfires and a LUX 5, 10 degree lense, lens holder.

That'll be a good set up.

Rafalema
11-29-2009, 05:35 AM
As it wasn't TCSS (as they'd run out at the time) I can't really say, that'd be soliciting and we don't do that on Tims forum.

I've just checked and Tim has some back in stock, i'd order now. The dollars to euro makes getting stuff from Tim good value at the moment, even with shipping and possible tax.

Bit busy for saber building at the mo, so I'm having some work done in the UK by a saber smith here, he's getting them put in a saber for me.

Oh thanks! I Didn't see that they we're on stock again! Thanks dude! :D:D

Invisas1979
11-29-2009, 05:50 AM
No worries.

Don't know if I said before but if you do go with a US 2.5 and get the other bits you could get 5in fluted instead of going with the 7in, it will make the saber less bulky.

Make sure to ask Tim to drill a hole big enough for the AV if you go for that.

Good luck

Rafalema
11-29-2009, 05:53 AM
No worries.

Don't know if I said before but if you do go with a US 2.5 and get the other bits you could get 5in fluted instead of going with the 7in, it will make the saber less bulky.

Make sure to ask Tim to drill a hole big enough for the AV if you go for that.

Good luck

Sorry, Im not master of english, so I'll need some explanations:
What do you mean with bulky? I know it's something like.. Unsmooth? :p
AV?

Firedrops
11-29-2009, 06:22 AM
less bulky generally means to be smaller, reduced load.
and there's another board better than the US, Hyperdyne's sound boards, but i suggest you wait until he announces his new board officially.
or maybe he already has? i dunno i haven't checked.

Rafalema
11-29-2009, 06:24 AM
less bulky generally means to be smaller, reduced load.
and there's another board better than the US, Hyperdyne's sound boards, but i suggest you wait until he announces his new board officially.
or maybe he already has? i dunno i haven't checked.

I saw the hyperdyne's one, but that's so freacking expensive I won't uy it.

But you didn't tell me what's AV?

Invisas1979
11-29-2009, 06:46 AM
Anti Vandal

My point was the saber as is, is quite long. And that feels bulky in your hand.

Rafalema
11-29-2009, 06:49 AM
Anti Vandal

My point was the saber as is, is quite long. And that feels bulky in your hand.

Sorry about this, But explain Anti vandal :D

It's about 12 inches long, I think it's good ;)

Invisas1979
11-29-2009, 07:01 AM
Anti vandal, is a type of switch which TCSS sell. Some are illuminated some not.

Anti vandal means the switch is tamper proof once its set inside something.

Rafalema
11-29-2009, 07:02 AM
Anti vandal, is a type of switch which TCSS sell. Some are illuminated some not.

Anti vandal means the switch is tamper proof once its set inside something.

I don't see any...?
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Switches-C23.aspx

Invisas1979
11-29-2009, 07:09 AM
Sorry about the confusion these are all AV switches, just not called that on the site.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Switches-C23.aspx?p=1

Some have an led in (which can be ttached to the US board) without need for resistoring or some are gold/nickle plated.

Generally nicer that the guarded style switches and will need a bezel.

Rafalema
11-29-2009, 07:11 AM
Sorry about the confusion these are all AV switches, just not called that on the site.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Switches-C23.aspx?p=1

Some have an led in (which can be ttached to the US board) without need for resistoring or some are gold/nickle plated.

Generally nicer that the guarded style switches and will need a bezel.

Why I would need hole for one of those? I will use Momentary guarded switch

Invisas1979
11-29-2009, 07:26 AM
You wont with the switch you've decided on.

Rafalema
11-29-2009, 07:27 AM
You wont with the switch you've decided on.
Thanks