PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Charity Raffle

eastern57
11-27-2009, 10:44 PM
I am sorry to say that this raffle must close for now. I received an email from PayPal that specifies that I am in violation of their "Acceptable Use policy". It is a raffle and those are specifically not allowed. I understand their reason for enforcement and I agree with their maintenance of standards and adhereance to policy. Unfortunately, it means that I will have to find another means of executing this raffle... I don't have any ideas how to do that at this moment.

I spoke to PayPal (actually on the phone), and there's a few things that I have to do to clear up my account. Everyone who has donated thus far - your money has been refunded. If I told you "Go", but you had not sent payment - Please Do Not Send Payment. It will be refunded if I receive late or additional payments.

I may open this back up, but as it stands, I do not know how to accept mass donations online, nor do I have the time to conduct this raffle manually.

Again, I apologize greatly to everyone that had sent money and those who had had gotten their hopes up - This is 100% my fault. Thanks you to all those who Supported this effort, and I wish everyone a Festive & Happy Holiday Season!

eastern57 ;)

eastern57
11-28-2009, 04:37 PM
WOWEE! I wasn't prepared to see this much support so early! Thank you to all that have donated so far! And a pre-thanks to those of you that are planning on supporting!

Y'all rock! ;)

Novastar
11-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Cool! I'm down! But... as usual, whatever tix I buy (something like 3), if you pick one of mine during raffle = select again... :)

Either that or just "don't include" my raffle tickets in the selection process! :D

sithlordfaust
11-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Cool! I'm down! But... as usual, whatever tix I buy (something like 3), if you pick one of mine during raffle = select again... :)

Either that or just "don't include" my raffle tickets in the selection process! :D

if you want to be that selfless, if you won you could reraffle it for your own charity cause.....

lol I know if I win it, Im keepin that mofo and charishing it

eastern57
11-28-2009, 11:52 PM
That's totally cool, Nova. I appreciate you helping like this. :)

And just like last year: if I draw Novastar's name, I pile on another $50 to the total pile... and then I'll draw again.

If I draw Sithlordfaust, I will ship it as fast as humanly possible, lest I be "blessed" with a stalker. ;) :D

eastern57
11-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Original post update with sad news... Strydur, Lord Maul, please unsticky this at your convenience. tks.

Lord Maul
11-29-2009, 01:15 PM
I'll leave this stickied for a few days, so everyone sees. For now it is locked.

Josh, PM me when/if you want this thread re-opened.