PDA

View Full Version : Anakin's Lightsaber

Silvren
05-20-2006, 02:25 PM
Hey there guys! I'm really excited to shop here at Custom Saber's (friend recently bought one here, and I was impressed). Now the question is, how the heck would I get mine to look like Anakin Skywalker's Hilt from ROTS!? I was just wondering, because both he and I look very similar to the characters we portray, almost to the point of being a relative to both Mr. McGregor and Mr. Christensen so the most important step into achieving our portryal of the characters is that we have replicated lightsabers as the actors. I was just wondering if someone could help me try to re-create Anakin's Hilt at the MHS Builder page, that would be greatly appreciated...and tips and tricks on getting that replica feel would be very helpful..

P.S. if some of you guys are wondering "If he just wants a replicated Anakin Lighstaber, why doesn't he just get an FX"? Well the answer to that question is this, I heard a very nasty rumor that those break easily from dueling (Not hardcore dueling, at that but casually just striking the blades together) ends up in the lights going out inside the actual blade. And word of mouth, lead me to this wonderful website to try and find the dueling weapon of choice. With it's durability this would be a common-sense choice.

Thanks guys! [;)]

xwingband
05-20-2006, 02:48 PM
You are correct that a stock FX will have the lights go out. Trying to do an MHS version is not really possible even with all the new stuff. What you'd want to do is either try what Jonitus did (stikied in Misc topics) by using a sink tube to make a "hardware" version, buying a graflex and the trim to make it a ROTS saber (expensive), OR an FX conversion. The last is the best it keeps the FX sounds and stuff but replaces the LED strings with one Luxeon in the hilt.

If you really do have you heart set on EL, you have better luck with the other two but both are more expensive and/or labor intensive.

Oh the needed WELCOME also![:)]

<center>Read the FAQ (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=552) or x-wing won't be happy. :(
Before posting did you check the Thread Index (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=577)?.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6703/xwing8az.gif</center>

Silvren
05-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Thank you very much, it was very informative. My friend sitting here right next to me, said you knew what to do..and sure enough you actually posted! =)..anywho, I will try and do the listed.

LAN-ED-TUL
05-21-2006, 05:38 AM
i used a real graflex and put a blue lux in it, but mine is a luke ANH saber. funny tho, i was watching the movie the other night and i swear in one scene it was blue and another green, maybe it was just my eyes, but my friend seen the same thing.

<center>http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/LANSIG.jpg</center>

Lan-Ed-Tul
The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

SaberSentinel
05-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Sivren: Tim is coming out with a Anakin FX conversion soon! If you go to Ebay and search for "AS-IS lightsaber" you will come up with a bunch of auctions from Dealtree closeouts. find an Anakin one that has a blade with dark spots in it, and nothing else wrong with it, and buy it. When Tim gets the Anakin conversion kits in, buy one and you have a great hilt and a blade that won't break. I know Tim is making the Anakin conversion kits for LED sabers but I don't know about EL.

And yes on the Falcon, Luke's saber is green. I don't know how ILM missed that[?]

Speak softly and carry a big lightsaber.
Old Jedi never die; they just fade away.

Jonitus
03-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Not to show poor form, but a major reason I took my hobby of building sabers and turned it into a business is because of the tutorial I did on making a Graflex replica. I got swamped with orders from people wanting me to make them something similar. If you're stuck, PM me and I can guide you through it, or can maybe be persuaded to cut another one for you.

Jak-Jak
01-15-2008, 10:32 AM
P.S. if some of you guys are wondering "If he just wants a replicated Anakin Lighstaber, why doesn't he just get an FX"? Well the answer to that question is this, I heard a very nasty rumor that those break easily from dueling (Not hardcore dueling, at that but casually just striking the blades together) ends up in the lights going out inside the actual blade. And word of mouth, lead me to this wonderful website to try and find the dueling weapon of choice. With it's durability this would be a common-sense choice.

Thanks guys! [;)]

You definitely heard right, I had one and the lights flickered out, the blade came out......was just a total waste of money really.

darthnerdold
02-14-2008, 09:17 PM
A stock FX will not break as easily as everyone is being so paranoid about. When I got my Darth Maul and Luke ROTJ I dueled with them that night pretty hard and didn't damage a thing. You COULD buy a stock Anakin ROTS FX and have Ultrasabers convert it (http://www.ultrasabers.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MIC%2DAROTS)... But I don't think that it is required to have someone build one for you. ;)

Ghostbat
02-15-2008, 10:38 AM
I have to jump in and say my annakin FX took a sound beating and still worked even though at one point one of my opponents fell on the blade and bent it 90 degrees!!! I straightened it out and kept fighting for another hour or so, all LEDs remained bright.

I see nothing wrong with using an FX until the blade dies then converting it to luxeon except that I personally found the hilt to be a bit awkwardly designed for actual use.

Of course some people have had blades give during even casual play so maybe it's a quality control issue, but one easily fixed by a Lux, a battle blade, and a bit of time spent with a soldering iron and a dremel :)

Edit: I converted mine with an Ultrasabers kit and a TCSS blade, and although I don't really trust the stock emitter (plastic) it feels pretty durable and has stood up to some good punishment. I would suggest getting a TCSS conversion kit for the metal emitter if it goes back in production.