PDA

View Full Version : Novastar the Real Estate Agent????

Jasten Skywalker
11-24-2009, 10:40 AM
I thought this was funny. I was picking up my car from the mechanic this weekend after some repairs were made. As I was walking out, my girlfriend says, "Hey, look at that. Isn't that the guy from your lightsaber thingies forum?" I look over and I see this:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/devvinband/New%20MHS/novastar.jpg

I didn't know that Novastar was in the real estate business. ;) Is there anything this guy DOESN'T do. lol.

$tarkiller
11-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Wow, He is a slick fool! I never would have guessed that he did that sort of stuff. Then again, I was psyched when I saw Jedi-Loreen Attorney at Law.

Kal El Rah
11-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, great find LOL.

Rhyen Skytracker
11-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Hey Nova. I am looking to buy a new shop. You have anything for me? LOL

cannibal869
11-25-2009, 04:18 PM
hahah lol... that's great! good find!

Novastar
11-27-2009, 02:57 AM
LOL. Apparently my name is Donald. :rolleyes:

But ya know... it's better than being Nova Conceptions. There is a barely hidden message there. :cool:

Additional fun stuff:

* I chose the name Novastar as a combination of two character names from a unique cartoon drama I watched (and was very inspired by) as a young child. That drama was called "Starblazers" here in the U.S.--but was known as "Yamato" in Japan. The Yamato was an actual warship of Japan in WWII, named after a historical Japanese province. Commanded by Isoroku Yamamoto, it first sailed during the Battle of Midway (very famous struggle). "Musashi" was its brother/clone or what not, lol @ the references there! :) The things were huge, and probably some of the largest battle ships ever made.

Anyhow... the series had two characters, the american versions of which were none other than "Nova" (female) and "WildStar" (male). :)

* Novastar is a music band. Look it up on Youtube. It is why I did not go by "Novastar" on Y-tube.

* A "nova" is basically a giant explosion on a star in space, having to do with an abundance of hydrogen.

* Nova was the name of some really cool educational station I watched on TV as a kid. A modern version of it would be something like the Discovery Channel.

But nope... I didn't know there was a real estate agent going by Novastar! :)

Rhyen Skytracker
11-27-2009, 02:44 PM
I remember that cartoon. I used to watch it all the time, it was one of my favorites as well.

sithlordfaust
11-27-2009, 03:35 PM
I actually have all of those on DVD... lol
Im really into all of Leiji Matsumoto's anime
especially Captain Harlock

Novastar
12-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Sweet, Faust!! I have recently been "re-discovering" Yamato (Starblazers)... but more in the sense that I re-watched QFI (season I), then Comet Empire (season II)... then watch "Space Battleship Yamato: The New Voyage (The new journey)"... which I think I did... THEN watch "Be Forever Yamato"... and next to last we have of course the grueling experience of the horrible English vocals on Bolar Wars (re-hash of the QFI story)...

to FINALLY watch "Final Yamato". :)

But... good stuff! They don't make 'em like they used to... :cool:

Darth_DevilGuy
12-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Hey Space Battleship Yamato!

That series subscribed to a sort of very Japanese insanity, I have fond memories of it.

Blue Fox
12-04-2009, 07:04 AM
Novastar's just that talented. He's going to be putting out his own OS for computers next. you'll be able to plug in a Crystal Focus board so that when you move your mouse it will play sounds from the CF compendium :P

this thread made me think about my own user name and who else is Blue Fox.
there's a photography company, a cartoon about a WWI flying ace named Fritz the Fox, some fishing equipment company, a bar & grill, a drive-in.. even a song:Blue Fox by Yukari Obata. Oh and a Furry dance group.
I chose Blue Fox because of my long-running character named Miri Tekker who is a blue A'renian fox.

Anyone else googled their TCSS name?

Jedi-Loreen
12-04-2009, 10:47 AM
I first Googled my user name years ago, I've had it for a long time. There's a lot of stuff that comes up. when I do.

The first thing isn't my EL Blade Tutorial anymore, it's my MySpace page. :p

Shadar Al'Niende
12-04-2009, 10:57 AM
My name is unique enough that i only get what i have done under this name on other sites :D

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
12-06-2009, 02:24 PM
My name is unique enough that i only get what i have done under this name on other sites :D

It's a cool name. I've been meaning to ask you how you came up with it.

If you google "Obi-Dar", the first thing that comes up is LDM's review of my Starkiller saber. If you add the "Ke-Gnomie", you get the gallery page with my MHS Obi-Wan and my Focus upgrade.

Cool.

Shadar Al'Niende
12-06-2009, 06:43 PM
I'ts actually from a language created by the late author James O Rigney (better known a Robert Jordan) for his Wheel of Time series.

Best books you will ever read ;)

tinfoilhelmet
12-06-2009, 09:59 PM
now put "real estate agent" in with yer sig
"writer, director....real estate agent"

Jay-gon Jinn
12-06-2009, 11:44 PM
LOL. Apparently my name is Donald. :rolleyes:

But ya know... it's better than being Nova Conceptions. There is a barely hidden message there. :cool:

Additional fun stuff:

* I chose the name Novastar as a combination of two character names from a unique cartoon drama I watched (and was very inspired by) as a young child. That drama was called "Starblazers" here in the U.S.--but was known as "Yamato" in Japan. The Yamato was an actual warship of Japan in WWII, named after a historical Japanese province. Commanded by Isoroku Yamamoto, it first sailed during the Battle of Midway (very famous struggle). "Musashi" was its brother/clone or what not, lol @ the references there! :) The things were huge, and probably some of the largest battle ships ever made.

Anyhow... the series had two characters, the american versions of which were none other than "Nova" (female) and "WildStar" (male). :)

* Novastar is a music band. Look it up on Youtube. It is why I did not go by "Novastar" on Y-tube.

* A "nova" is basically a giant explosion on a star in space, having to do with an abundance of hydrogen.

* Nova was the name of some really cool educational station I watched on TV as a kid. A modern version of it would be something like the Discovery Channel.

But nope... I didn't know there was a real estate agent going by Novastar! :)

I remember that show, and I absolutely LOVED IT as a kid!

mihunai
12-07-2009, 03:47 AM

Same here :p

mTm