PDA

View Full Version : Recharge Batteries

Ailric of KOTOR
11-23-2009, 02:55 AM
Ok, I've checked the forums & used the search for this before asking.
Has anyone used any of the new recharge batteries from Duracell, Energizer, or Rayovac?
Been curious about it as I'm getting tired of buying batteries plus I also want to help by going Green & Eco.
I know about the Trustfire, Tenergy, & Li-ion from TCSS which seems to be preferred but every time I'm at Walmart or Target I see these batteries.
So has anyone used them yet & if so how well do they hold up?
Thanks in advance. Any & all comments or advise is appreciated.

cardcollector
11-23-2009, 07:52 AM
I've used them in my camera...
not impressed- I got maybe six picture with the flash... 30 without.

I would just go with what Tim sells...;)

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
11-23-2009, 10:39 AM
If you're talking about the NiMH rechargeables, people use them all the time. You can even solder them together to make a pack, and charge them in the hilt. They work well in sabers, but like CC, my camera eats them up in a hurry.

mihunai
11-23-2009, 11:47 AM
In general, it doesnt really matter what brand or type the batteries are (except those Li-Ions, they need exceptionally safe handling).
All that matters, is the mAh rating.
a 1000mAh Duracell will last as long as a 1000mAh Energiser.
Sure, the voltage drop curve might differ here and there,
but the general rule of thumb as far as i'm concerned is, the more mAh, the better.

Just correct me if im wrong (wich i usually am, on one point or another...)

mTm

Novastar
11-23-2009, 05:13 PM
mihunai... you are right & wrong at the same time.

Let us quote The Bard on this one:

"Suit the battery to the saber, saber to the battery..."

"Suit the word to the action, action to the word..." (Hamlet's advice to the troupe of players he encounters in 'Hamlet'... basically giving them advice on how to perform without being fake. This is Shakespeare coming out and using his characters to express his very own feelings/experience.)

Eco
11-23-2009, 05:24 PM
I also want to help by going Green & Eco.

Where are we going? :D

Rhyen Skytracker
11-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Ok, how about the most mAh at the correct voltage that will fit in your hilt design. It is all about getting the right voltage for the sound card / LED you are using, then you find the batteries with the most mAh that will fit inside your hilt design.

Novastar
11-24-2009, 01:38 AM
Ok, how about the most mAh at the correct voltage that will fit in your hilt design. It is all about getting the right voltage for the sound card / LED you are using, then you find the batteries with the most mAh that will fit inside your hilt design.That's it! You've hit it the nail smack dab on the center of the head. :)

I do agree also with Ailric's thoughts of aiming to use more "green-friendly" batteries. Yes, Eco, "going green". Whatever colloquialism you wish to utilize, trying to have a smaller "footprint" in the eco-system is a good idea. Li-Ion cells are a pretty good start regarding such ideas (when it comes to saber-making).

Ailric of KOTOR
11-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Thanks for your comments & advice.:D
I know that I can fit a 4AAA Battery Holder in the hilt or upper grip section. Been thinking of trying to use 2x2AA Battery Holders.
Installing 1 in the Hilt & 1 in the Upper grip section. Thinking that I'd get more amp/power & it would run longer as its a bit bigger battery.
As for what Mihunai & Rhyen wrote, think I'll compare the mAh on all 3 brands Duracell, Energizer, & Rayovac to see which is higher & then go with that.
Theres no sound card in it, just a white Seoul P4 LED. Going for Orange Blade.;)
Only real way to find out if it will work is to buy it & try it, lol.:rolleyes:

Kal El Rah
11-25-2009, 01:35 PM
If you are going to use the AAA NiMh batts. you would need them in series to get 4.8 v outa them but only 1000 mah, if you can fit AA NiMhs in there, then you would/could have 4.8 v at 2500 mah in series.

FenderBender
11-25-2009, 05:00 PM
Thanks for your comments & advice.:D
I know that I can fit a 4AAA Battery Holder in the hilt or upper grip section. Been thinking of trying to use 2x2AA Battery Holders.
Installing 1 in the Hilt & 1 in the Upper grip section. Thinking that I'd get more amp/power & it would run longer as its a bit bigger battery.
As for what Mihunai & Rhyen wrote, think I'll compare the mAh on all 3 brands Duracell, Energizer, & Rayovac to see which is higher & then go with that.
Theres no sound card in it, just a white Seoul P4 LED. Going for Orange Blade.;)
Only real way to find out if it will work is to buy it & try it, lol.:rolleyes:

If you are wanting an orange blade, you will be disappointed with the white and filter combo. Go with an Amber LED, or RGB mixed. You won't be disappointed with those choices. As long as you get a bin 4 or 6 amber (lux III) or a P4 amber, it wont be yellow