PDA

View Full Version : Eco and DJ. Saber enthusiasts of Oregon.

DJMoonbass
11-21-2009, 09:42 PM
http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/Eco%20and%20DJ/P1060092.jpg
http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/Eco%20and%20DJ/P1060093.jpg
http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/Eco%20and%20DJ/P1060096.jpg
http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/Eco%20and%20DJ/P1060102.jpg
http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/Eco%20and%20DJ/P1060104.jpg
http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/Eco%20and%20DJ/P1060112.jpg
http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/Eco%20and%20DJ/P1060116.jpg
http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/Eco%20and%20DJ/P1060120.jpg
btw this is a green Lee filter next to lux 5 green. it was pretty good. Lees do a good job on green

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/Eco%20and%20DJ/P1060107.jpg

astromech_kuhns
11-21-2009, 09:50 PM
what about me...... i see how it is....... ill just pack up and go to California.......

DJMoonbass
11-21-2009, 10:06 PM
awwww. did the small tigey wigey get left behind? let me go get my violin. :mrgreen:

ARKM
11-21-2009, 10:11 PM
lol.

Nice hilts. Give them to me! It is the only way!

No? Dang it!

DJMoonbass
11-21-2009, 10:13 PM
"what you think you are some kind of jedi waving your hand about like that?
Im DJ mind tricks dont work on me. only money. No money no sabers no deal! and nobody else will have a cool lightsaber i promise you that"

:D

Rhyen Skytracker
11-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Great sabers and pictures. Now both of you need to take the same pics in costume.

Eco
11-22-2009, 12:49 AM
Great sabers and pictures. Now both of you need to take the same pics in costume.

You have one I could borrow? Lol
I do not have one. The closest I have is a belt with pouches and a tunic over a pair of khaki pants.

Still need some work in that department.

astromech_kuhns
11-22-2009, 01:22 AM
eco, are you actually working on that department? if so, awesome! we all need to have a costume party!

lol. maybe we can invite arkm...............:cool: depends on how nice he is. maybe the *two* saber enthusiast would like to come over christmas brake to the real saber smith's house?;):p

DJMoonbass
11-22-2009, 11:12 AM
funny.

Jedi-Loreen
11-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Looks like you guys had fun.

I think ak is jealous. :p

I believe you mean a costuming party, to make costumes. Any one of you know how to sew?

And it's break. Brakes are what stop a car. :rolleyes:

astromech_kuhns
11-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Looks like you guys had fun.

I think ak is jealous. :p

I believe you mean a costuming party, to make costumes. Any one of you know how to sew?

And it's break. Brakes are what stop a car. :rolleyes:

no i meant we go around in costumes doing something, but yeah a costuming party would be good to!

and i thought that it was brake? doesn't every one slam on there brakes and sing a christmas song when December hits? :p

Jedi-Loreen
11-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Do you have a costume yet, then, ak?

astromech_kuhns
11-22-2009, 01:47 PM
i do not actually. but i do have a neighbor that sews and i do mow his lawn for him, and he is going to teach me to sew. we just need to get it figured out when. then i will make my own jedi costume.

also once i get the styrene i may do a mandolarian costume. on the mando mercs, they have plans for it. that is if i do not buy the metal ones a member sells.

and finally with this one being in the future, once i turn of age, i will get a biker scout armor from a member of astro.net. really nice set to.

so for me and my first costume, its all about getting to it.

Eco
11-22-2009, 02:02 PM
eco, are you actually working on that department? if so, awesome! we all need to have a costume party!

I'm not really working on it for now. I'm just looking for the easiest to interpret plans on the internet and saving up my pennies for the cloth I need.

lol. maybe we can invite arkm...............:cool: depends on how nice he is. maybe the *two* saber enthusiast would like to come over christmas brake to the real saber smith's house?;):p

I don't suppose you're talking about yourself, are you? Lol

astromech_kuhns
11-22-2009, 02:11 PM
im the saber smith!!!! you and DJ are the enthusiast! and ARKM, well ARKM is just ARKM! alright? we may invite him over. depends on if he brings us burgers or not.....

ARKM
11-22-2009, 02:44 PM
Astro, you and Eco both have mothers that are married... so I'm staying home.

astromech_kuhns
11-22-2009, 02:58 PM
you really want to be my dad?!?!?!?!? touching! and weird! but yes i do have a father already.

what about DJ? leave him out? lol his mom is married as well.

you do need to come! it would be worth it! big time! show us 22! show us 22!

Sairon
11-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Where's the dueling video? How can you have sabers and not duel? Lol, looks like you guys had fun.

ARKM
11-22-2009, 03:42 PM
you really want to be my dad?!?!?!?!? touching! and weird! but yes i do have a father already.

I don't want to be your dad. I don't want to be anyone's dad... but if your mom's hot and if she were single, I could always be one of her mistakes. You know, like you. ;)

Jedi-Loreen
11-22-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm not really working on it for now. I'm just looking for the easiest to interpret plans on the internet and saving up my pennies for the cloth I need.

They are called "patterns", not plans or blue prints, as I've also seen them referred to.

Sairon
11-22-2009, 04:03 PM
They are called "patterns", not plans or blue prints, as I've also seen them referred to.

Obviously they don't sew that often, give 'em some slack lol. Only a couple of us guys sew.

astromech_kuhns
11-22-2009, 04:07 PM
You know, like you. ;)

good one arkm. your not invited anymore!:mad:

:D

Mi Gin Gonn
11-22-2009, 04:55 PM
guess some things never change. glad to see the "Spelling and Grammar Nazi" is alive and well lol

Jedi-Loreen
11-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Yep, still here.

DJMoonbass
11-22-2009, 08:29 PM
bahumbug.:|

ME, and ARKM are the sabermsiths. Astro is the kid that gets into us machinists tools.

Eco
11-23-2009, 09:15 AM
im the saber smith!!!! you and DJ are the enthusiast! and ARKM, well ARKM is just ARKM! alright? we may invite him over. depends on if he brings us burgers or not.....

Then why don't you even have a saber? :o
I've got 3 of my own and I've built 12 total. You? Zilch. :D

ARKM would probably qualify as the real sabersmith amongst us. He's the one who builds his own hilts from scratch.
(Sorry DJ, Moonbeam uses MHS, so it doesn't count as being from scratch.)

bahumbug.:|

ME, and ARKM are the sabermsiths. Astro is the kid that gets into us machinists tools.

(Heading J-Lo off at the pass)
I believe you mean "ARKM and I are the sabersmiths." :o

Shadar Al'Niende
11-23-2009, 10:56 AM
I believe you mean "ARKM and I are the sabersmiths."

*falls off his chair laughing*

No, seriously though...that was funny. :cool:

psab keel
11-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Cool pics there guys.

astromech_kuhns
11-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Then why don't you even have a saber? :o
I've got 3 of my own and I've built 12 total. You? Zilch. :D

ARKM would probably qualify as the real sabersmith amongst us. He's the one who builds his own hilts from scratch.
(Sorry DJ, Moonbeam uses MHS, so it doesn't count as being from scratch.)

I believe you mean "ARKM and I are the sabersmiths." :o

i have one and i am building another atm i ordered all the parts for it, i am getting the piece to convert my fx soon to, and not only that, but i am looking to build one for someone atm. so there! mmmmhhhhmmmm

Eco
11-23-2009, 04:53 PM
i have one and i am building another atm i ordered all the parts for it, i am getting the piece to convert my fx soon to, and not only that, but i am looking to build one for someone atm. so there! mmmmhhhhmmmm

Pictures or it doesn't exsist. :D

astromech_kuhns
11-23-2009, 06:05 PM
email are confidential for me building some one a saber, i got a MR, ask DJ about the conversion for it, and if you were a real saber smith you would be on fx-sabers.com and you would see the pictures for my saber.

see you when you step up your game. and once it is all done ill put a pic up here but the build log is over there.

Eco
11-23-2009, 07:35 PM
email are confidential for me building some one a saber, i got a MR, ask DJ about the conversion for it, and if you were a real saber smith you would be on fx-sabers.com and you would see the pictures for my saber.

see you when you step up your game. and once it is all done ill put a pic up here but the build log is over there.

First, you might want to spell check that last post. Up until the bit about Fx-sabers, you're not really making any sense.

Second, I am on Fx-sabers, I just don't go there too often.
I'm too busy playing with all my sabers. :o

Sairon
11-23-2009, 08:49 PM

Using Fx-sabers doesn't make you a real sabersmith, many of the smiths started building before there was that site.

Eco
11-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Using Fx-sabers doesn't make you a real sabersmith, many of the smiths started building before there was that site.

Thank you. It's not the site, it's the sabers!

Off topic, is the render in your sig a dream or have you managed to build that bad boy?

Lord Dottore Matto
11-23-2009, 09:07 PM

AK, you don't get to give yourself the title of 'sabersmith'. It is an earned title and will be given to you by other sabersmiths when you deserve it. Sorry to seem harsh, but that is reality. I am indeed watching your build thread at Fx and it is a descent start, but also try to remember that you are not allowed to openly discuss builds for money on these forums (at TCSS) so please keep that to the threads at Fx.;) If you really want to be a sabersmith, you should start by petitioning for a spot in the Mining colony and see how it goes.:mrgreen:

astromech_kuhns
11-23-2009, 09:18 PM
i see what you are saying ldm, and honestly, i do understand that is a position givin to one. more or less i am joking about it, since im on my first saber.

i understand saber smith title is something i have to earn and that is given to me and i would not abuse that by being serious about it. no matter where you are your actions reflect your work and how others look at you. i would not dare to be honestly calling myself a true saber smith yet. it is a goal i am looking to but as of now am not there.

and along with that, that is the other reason i have not petitioned for a spot yet on the mining colones. it is not something i feel yet i have earned, and so i would like to get this first saber for my cousin done, my MR converted, and would like to look into some solid designs for my sabers and the way i will put them together before i do something like that. that is a place of building for those that have earned it and until i have proven it to myself that i can do it by actually doing it, such as the building and converting, i am not looking into a place on the colony yet. i will ask when i feel and others feel i may be ready. your input on that would be great as well LDM. i have spent a lot of time reading and am no longer asking the questions like i use to, so i feel im ready to make some sabers but i need to do before i fling myself into it.

sorry for confusion on being serous and joking around:D

Lord Dottore Matto
11-23-2009, 09:33 PM
No worries AK, you have the right idea! Remember to Have fun...:D

xl97
11-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Using FX-Sabers (or being a member at ANY site) is an un-realistic measure of 'anything'..

Same as using ones' post count as a 'measure' of ones ability or knowledge is foolish.

DJMoonbass
11-24-2009, 07:18 PM
but also try to remember that you are not allowed to openly discuss builds for money on these forums :

just let the record show i am machining AKs obi conversion kit and the sinktube blade holder for absolutley nothing. ya know cuz we are homies. so i dont think that classifies as talking business. just favors for a good good awesome freind;)

also yeah i agree with the sabersmith title. allthough it kind of leaves us sort of out and low. i like to consider AK as a padawan sabersmith. I and Eco and Apprentice sabersmiths. I am no where near getting a higher rank as i honestly dont feel i earned one. but i honestly believe that if we do build lightsabers, at any level, we should at least be able to have some sort of title ya know?

i feel i will truley earn the title apprentice Sabersmith when muy AREA51 is complete. ive been drawing up some drafts today. all the stuff i need to cram into that hilt will be tricky.

Shadar Al'Niende
11-24-2009, 09:39 PM
I just consider myself a guy who build sabers...but hey, if you want a title...i wont complain. Then again, i don't build sabers nearly on the level that LDM does :rolleyes:

sithlordfaust
11-24-2009, 09:44 PM
you want a title?... how about.....
lol.....

seriouly though how about
saber hobbyists ...... which is what we are

as far as anything else.... just let your work speak for itself

Eco
11-24-2009, 11:58 PM
Sorry, DJ, I have to disagree; I'm not a sabersmith of any level.
A 'smith' implies a level of art or sophistication with the construction of something.
I just put parts together and solder a bit. :D

You, however, are more on to the level of smith, because you make most of your parts from scratch, and there's an art to that. While you're not quite up to a full-blown sabersmith, you're definitely a smith of sorts. :D

DJMoonbass
11-25-2009, 11:12 AM
okay that makes sense. yeah if i had more time i WOULD be making every part from scratch. just threading takes a long time. and yeah. once i get my own lathe then yeah.

you guys make sense. especially you eco. you just changed my views on things.