PDA

View Full Version : Waek's 95% Saber!

Waek_Hyndarus
11-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Yes! Finally! My first saber...and it works! Well...95% for sure works.

What about the other 5%? Well....I am still waiting for my initiate blade to come in. For now though, I have this...a PVC saber with black grips bought on ebay, a switch from radio shack, running a Lux I Green with a micro-puck and a 2-AAA setup. My good friend helped me get everything soldered (she held the wires so I could attach them through soldering. Actually got pretty good at it!

I also did not have heatshrink....so I used electrical tape. Worked well enough I think.

So here's what I'v managed to do.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/WyoWolf17/DSC03463-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/WyoWolf17/DSC03464.jpg

Man, I really gotta say....I'm more excited about how the electronics actually worked...how I did it all my self through reading and simple wiring...and it works! It's really quite the cheap thrill!

$tarkiller
11-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Looks Anakin ROTS- esque. I like it though. very good for a PVC saber much less your first one. Good Job!

Kant Lavar
11-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Not bad looking... but I will warn you that you'll see some calls for you to open her back up and replace the electrical tape with heatshrink. The tape works for temporary measures, but permanent jobs really do need something more durable than tape. ;)

Lan-Ja Hamil
11-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Nice first saber. Can't wait to see it with the blade.

Onli-Won Kanomi
11-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Yeah tape is okay for a beginning saber...to prove things work and how to connect them but for 'good' sabers, esp if you plan to ever sell them, heatshrink is more professional.

Nice job on your first saber...Congratulations!

Waek_Hyndarus
11-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Thank you, all, for the encouragement! Actually, just went to get some water in this dark house...and took my hilt. The LED inside the PVC not only works as a flashlight, but because of the angle of the blade holder and the reflectiveness of the inner workings of the holder, the thing lights the entire room well...like a friggin torch. It's awesome.

A little Lux I is actualy a bit impressive.

Eco
11-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Looks Good!
You might want to consider some paint so that the PVC doesn't glow so much.
And if you think the Lux I is bright, wait till you get your hands on that P4 you originally talked about! You'll love it!

(As an aside, you know those grips are available here at the store, right? Not a big deal, but seeing as this is a forum attached to a store, it's polite to buy at least something from the store that's a part of your saber. Just keep that in mind for the next-go round. ;))

Waek_Hyndarus
11-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Well, Eco....I'll tell ya, I would buy them if I could. But those grips have been out of stock for a very, very long time. So I got a set of grips from this other place. Won't mention the price or the site, but it was kind of my only option at the time.

Eco
11-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Well, Eco....I'll tell ya, I would buy them if I could. But those grips have been out of stock for a very, very long time. So I got a set of grips from this other place. Won't mention the price or the site, but it was kind of my only option at the time.

Fair enough! :D
Sorry if I was a bit of a buzz-kill for ya.