PDA

View Full Version : Blade Removing

Mattastasis
11-16-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm looking into building my first lightsaber and I'm trying to decide between EL and LED. The first thing that drew me to EL was that the blade looked really easy to take off. I thought that was cool so that I could hang the lightsaber on my belt and not have the blade hanging down with it. My question is is it easy or not to actually take the EL blades off and is it easy or not to take off the LED blades?

Jedi-Loreen
11-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Removing an LED blade is the same as an EL blade, unscrew the blade retention screw to loosen it and pull out the blade.

However, changing colors on an LED saber is not as easy as just swapping EL blades. To change colors on an LED saber, you have to unscrew the blade holder, take off the lens holder and lens (the "optics"), change the LED (we use quick disconnectors for this purpose), put the optics back on above the LED and screw the blade holder back on. But you can do that in just a minute.

That being said, it's worth it to have different colored LEDs, because the blades are so much brighter than EL, which is old technology.

Welcome to the forums and please do some more reading.

Mattastasis
11-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Cool man, that's awesome. So LED is the better choice then. Would you suggest getting the blade film for making the color more even or does it even do that?

Lord Maul
11-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Without blade film, or some sort of diffuser, you won't even really see the blade light up. It's light in a clear tube. The diffuser makes it glow

Kant Lavar
11-17-2009, 01:29 AM
And as was said, read. The three links in bold at the bottom of my sig are great starting points and will probably help you set up your first saber. ;)

Mattastasis
11-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Thanks That helps a lot!

DJMoonbass
11-21-2009, 10:09 PM
noobs! :D;)

This post serves no purpose at all. Why even post it? -LM

sithlordfaust
11-22-2009, 05:37 PM
noobs! :D;)

This post serves no purpose at all. Why even post it? -LM

this coming from the guy who just drilled through his battery cells.

and every post serves a purpose. even if its just to laugh at the OP.

keep on reading though Mattastasis.
welcome to the forums and your new addiction.

Shadar Al'Niende
11-23-2009, 08:54 PM
I think what LM meant was this post serves no constructive purpose....